Removing over spray?

Dave_6

Established Member
Somehow in the past week or two my car has gotten red over spray all over it. The weather here has been too cold and rainy for me to wash it lately so this past weekend was the first good wash job I've managed to do in a couple months. Took it to my dads house yesterday to detail it and noticed the over spray once I had it in his garage. Got most of it off the glass with a razor blade and needless to say I'm pretty pissed :mj: What are my options? Will a clay bar work for taking it off?

Dave_6

Established Member
Great, thanks. I believe I discovered this morning where it's coming from. This old POS hotel across the street from my work is being remodeled and there are numerous rooms taped up. Most of them look to have new red paint on the doors. Don't they have a better way of doing this where ****ing paint doesn't fly all over the place? All these new cars on the lot here are going to be covered in that shit.

Zemedici

Established Member
Medium clay bar will take it off as stated above. Used it to remove overspray on some 20 vehicles when a guy decided to spray paint a trailer next to a lot full of cars.

Shame how careless people are

blood

Established Member
Great, thanks. I believe I discovered this morning where it's coming from. This old POS hotel across the street from my work is being remodeled and there are numerous rooms taped up. Most of them look to have new red paint on the doors. Don't they have a better way of doing this where ****ing paint doesn't fly all over the place? All these new cars on the lot here are going to be covered in that shit.

Just so you know if you're getting overspray from a hotel or something like that, they are liable for causing overspray on your vehicle, they should pay you to get it detailed. I would take pics and bring it to management, and request a detail job. first start off asking what color theyre painting, and lead into it. Also if they dont offer it just tell them you will just call the city and report them, they will have their entire operation shut down and be required to pop up a 30 story tent, not cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread