Removing GT emblem from trunk lid on 2011-2012..........?

rsnyder

SVT
Established Member
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone has removed their GT emblem from the trunk lid on their 2011-2012 GT..... Does it look good? What are your thoughts on this? Does it come off easily? Is it just being held on with adhesive? I did a quick (and crappy) photoshop......

Does anyone else have pictures of this? I'm looking for a clean back end......post up pictures of whatever you did to the rear of your GT.

010.jpg

tedness

Bananarama
Established Member
i wanna say it unbolts from the inside.

looks incomplete. you need a blackout panel to hide that. they make magnetic ones if you don't wanna fiddle with decals.

SicShelby09

Banned
It is very ugly and there are huge holes under there. There are NO bolts that hold it on. Just the worlds strongest double sided tape and two posts that snap into the gaping holes under the cap. Plus the underside is raised up and flat, so it would look like shit without anything there. I know for a fact. I damaged my trunk lid and had to pry it off and replace the cap. It took hours of careful prying with a plastic tool and I still managed to scratch and dent the area around the cap. Luckily I was able to get it fixed before I snapped the new cap in. DO NOT TAKE IT OFF!!!!!!!!! The new cap will cost you around $50 to replace from tousley. Its not worth it.

130234d1305327653-fake-gt-gas-cap-moss_muscle_rear1.jpg

DSCF02.gif

Last edited:

Svt-Rich

V
Established Member
I replaced it with a CDC decklid, I think it looks way better. And yes, the cap was a bitch to take off. If you are going to remove it I would suggest goo gone and wait for either a hot day or use a hair dryer to soften the double sided tape.

rsnyder

SVT
Established Member
Wow, I had no idea what was under there..... Thank you very much for the great replies! This is why I love coming here with questions, because I know someone has experience with any certain topic... I thought it might look good if it could be taken off and blend in with the contour of the rest of the panel, but I guess not. I just don't like how it sticks out so far...

Users who are viewing this thread