Removing engine/trans

mcduffer7

Established Member
Removing my stock motor for an Aluminator. Do not have access to a lift so it has to come out the top. Need tips on best way for those that have done it. Can the motor and trans come out in one piece? Should I just remove trans from bottom and motor from top? On my 04 GT I pulled it in 1 piece but 2011 may be different.Any tips are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Tx5.0

Established Member
I did the same job my myself last year. Take out the radiator and remove the front bumper to give yourself some space to use. Take off the intake manifold and use the 4 holes that are located on top of the engine to hoist it out. Drop the trans, remove the headers and pull the engine out alone.

cb900f

Established Member
I did the same job my myself last year. Take out the radiator and remove the front bumper to give yourself some space to use. Take off the intake manifold and use the 4 holes that are located on top of the engine to hoist it out. Drop the trans, remove the headers and pull the engine out alone.

Just did the reverse of this yesterday. I totally agree with ^^

Tx5.0

Established Member
It could be done, but it just gives you some safe play room. Especially if you're doing it by yourself like I did. Why take a chance of a busted radiator vs taking out a few bolts/nuts holding it in.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
I just remove bumper, radiator and hood and lift it all out in 1 piece also. Very easy but make sure you have a few sets of eyes to help out. If you have access to the lifting brackets that a coyote crate motor comes with it makes it a lot easier. I don't like to use the engine leveling bar on these ones.

mcduffer7

Established Member
I just remove bumper, radiator and hood and lift it all out in 1 piece also. Very easy but make sure you have a few sets of eyes to help out. If you have access to the lifting brackets that a coyote crate motor comes with it makes it a lot easier. I don't like to use the engine leveling bar on these ones.

So car up on jackstands when you pull out in 1 piece? I'd rather just take out and put back in 1 shot but it seems from reading everyone takes them out seperately.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Sorry I meant rhino ramps on the front and jack stands in the rear. It really just depends on how high you need it to fit under the car.

Users who are viewing this thread