Removing Dog Smell from Interior

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
Traded in my Tacoma for a used Tundra so my twins, and their ridiculously large car seats, have more room.

Previous owner must have had his "best friend" with him a lot which I can relate to but it left a rather strong odor in the interior.

What products/advice do you guys have, use, recommend, etc. for removing such smells?

Thanks in advance.

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0717BLT6V/ref=twister_B072VLHZ1R?_encoding=UTF8&th=1

61ijDXidVCL._SL1500_.jpg

04MysticCobra

Established Member
If you are looking for something readily available and cheap from Walmart check out Turtle Wax Power Out Odor X or the Odor X kit. Have used it before and it works.

BigFatMatt

Ain't never gonna change
Established Member
Ozone generator. They destroy the scent molecules instead of just covering it up. Hotels use them to get cigarette smoke smell out of their rooms.

I use mine primarily for treating my clothes before deer hunting, but my wife's old car had an awful sour milk smell that we just couldn't get rid of with any other method. After 4 hours of treatment with ozone the smell was hardly noticeable, 8 hours it was gone completely and never came back as far as I know.

Thabeast

Established Member
Be careful with ozone (o3) in a vehicle, I know more than one restoration contractor that purchased a new interior due to overdosing ozone in a car interior.

Febreze is marketed as a pairing agent odor control product, but it is in reality a masking agent. Febreze belongs in the trash can.

Best bet is to call someone certified in odor control, some odors can be remediated in 10 minutes for $50. Check out iicrc.org to find someone near you, make sure to check online reviews as well

CV355

_
Established Member
+1 on the Nature's Miracle for dog odors. We have two very small dogs that can make one hell of a stench and the NM products knock it out like nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread