REMOVING CATS

shurur

Established Member
I thought our cars Cats were before the X or H pipe? I am not a flow master fan the ones I have now are tiny and I expected much louder. I am looking for a deeper sound. I am a 5.0 guy and like that deep rumble. Is that a sound we can't get from the 4.6?
Yes..I believe that there are pre cats before the midpipe...that is all I have right now.
They are not hurting your flow.
I would at least leave those in, otherwise you might as well do long tube or mid length headers imo.

BigScott96

Established Member
With you being in California and having to deal with getting the car inspected, I wouldn't remove the cats.

The power gain from removing them on a bolt-on car is insignificant. Then you throw in the smell...

I must be getting old.
I register the car in Ohio. It would only be driven without cats at the track. Trailer to and from ;-)

I told a guy at the gym his car was a bit to loud. His response was " No you're just too old" LMAO!!

BigScott96

Established Member
So I had the X-pipe installed. Left the cats in place. ( They will go when I add the SC) Damn! it made a difference in the sound. Not much louder. Just a deeper rubble and the car feels much smoother. The wife even noticed the sound. Thank you for all the input! Much appreciated and as always this forum is AWESOME!!

Users who are viewing this thread