removing badges

robraySVT

Established Member
I removed the Focus badge on the back of my SVT but left the SVT part. It came off fairly easy, but now it is sticky and you can see a faint outline of where the focus used to be. Does anyone have a suggestion for taking the residue off that is paint friendly? Thanks, Rob :)

AZ SVT

Established Member
Use Goofoff from any hardware store. Or 3M makes something for it. Don't use Googone if you can help it. Its a weaker version of Goofoff and will be more work. Unless the paint around it has faded, that and rewaxing the area should take care of everything.

Watch out for grit that may have stuck to the old glue after you took the badge off.

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
3M Adhesive Remover.

I got a Spray Can of it from NAPA when I removed the 'DODGE' badge from my SRT's tailgate. Red can with White lettering. Spray it on and start rubbing. It kind of 'melts' the adhesive and may take a few applications, but it'll clean it off, and WON'T hurt the paint. :-D

SVT02focus

Established Member
should have heated the area up first with a hairdryer for about a minute first then used the dental floss, then wax and buff

Users who are viewing this thread