Removed the resonators

timpryor

Turbo'd ST
Established Member
So I had the resonators removed on my car, maybe it's the axle-back on my car but it doesn't sound THAT much louder than my previous set up. The shop that did the work was awesome for some mom and pop shop I've never seen no much attention given to such a simple job.

It was 60 bucks charged by the shop but the guy did such a good job I tipped him a 20 since he let me inspect the work before he took it off the lift and triple checked the weld in the mirror.

fake

Established Member
Hmm. I really noticed a difference in the sound in mine. I got more of the burbble sound on deceleration and the wife said she can hear me before she even sees me.

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
They are resonators not mufflers...

They reducing resonance in the system that many people find annoying.

sloppymax

Established Member
To the OP, what size pipe did they weld in? Most use 3" and was thinking they might have used something smaller and therefore lower sound impact.

DRIVINGLESSON

Established Member
I put a full three inch exhaust on from the cats back, and hadn’t yet received my axle-backs. With the stockers, I noticed no difference at all. I tell everyone that asks, just change the axle-back unless you are going with an off-road X or H pipe, or Headers.

Stangrocka

Infant SVT Poster
Established Member
I like the drone, Never heard anyone complaining of drone in the old fox bodies flowmaster setups that I LOVE. Sounds muscular. guess everyones turning all panzy on me now. Nothing beats that hollow tinny sound singing along with deep muscular drone humming.

timpryor

Turbo'd ST
Established Member
To the OP, what size pipe did they weld in? Most use 3" and was thinking they might have used something smaller and therefore lower sound impact.

whatever size the stock pipe was. I love the sound, but will be getting LT's sometime in the not too distant future I've got quality on everything for this car and don't plan to stop now.

Users who are viewing this thread