Remove interior to install FLSFC?????

totheduals

Established Member
Bought a set of Full length sub frame connectors! :rockon:
My question is do you have to remove the front seats and pull the carpet back to have these welded in??
Just a worry wart and dont want to smoke anything out!
Those of you who have these installed please reply!
:beer:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
What kind did you get ? Some are through the floor and some aren't. I am not a big fan of anything that you have to punch new holes in the interior compartment. I seem to recall a car or two that burned up because the welder screwed the pooch with through the floor weld ins.

I have MM full length that are welded but we didn't have to take anything out to get them done.

Lumpydogs

Established Member
If the connectors weld to the bottom side of the sub frames then you will be ok welding without removing the interior. Just remember to stitch weld and move from side to side and front to back each weld to keep the heat soak down.

p.s. Watch out for the fuel line. Make sure it is safe and always disconnect the battery.

Good Luck

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
I think it'll come down to the person doing the welding. The issue is the fact that they can get the floor hot enough to burn your carpet. If the welder is patient and takes his time, you shouldn't have any issues. Just take the recommendations from your welder and if they say remove it, then do it.

totheduals

Established Member
I guess i'll just take the seats out and pull the carpet back.
Better to be safe than sorry.
Bought them from Western Motorsports. They are there own brand. Made in House.
No hole makin required. Just a couple extra gussest to weld in and then weld them solid.
Thanks guys!

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
I Had my interior out when mine were put in, but i was told it can be done it just takes a little longer. they just watch to make sure the carpet stays cool

gmsux

Denial ain't just a river
Established Member
I've welded at least 5 different brands of subs on at least 30 cars and never pulled the seats or carpet. If the metal is clean and there is good contact, the welds are short stitches and you should not have any problems, the frame rails are below the floor pan.

02SVTV6

Established Member
get the through the floor ones when your adding a 6/8 point in there...which I dont wanna do a cage but I may i will be removing my interior for it but then again I have to because im getting a custom built cage none of that package sh*t.....

Users who are viewing this thread