Remove/install upper pulley

thorntonSVT

Established Member
Bought the package from amazon for tuner,pulley,plugs and belt. It didn't come with pulley removal or install tool. Any other way to get the stocker off and put the new one on?

mcarbine

2003 L #2504
Established Member
Just out of curiosity why are you changing the upper and not the lower? Making the upper smaller increases your chance of belt slip. How many lbs of boost are you looking to pick up because they make lower pulleys 2,4,6,8,and 10lbers. Just wondering.

wrxman60

Premiere Wheelman
Established Member
Did you buy an aux idler kit too? Since you are changing the upper, you are going to have belt slip

thorntonSVT

Established Member
Bought the package that comes from amazon. It comes with a upper :shrug: If I have to buy a tool just to install the thing I might just try to sell it :/ I would rather go with the lower. I wish I would have just went that route now if I knew it was going to be this much trouble.

Last edited:

mcarbine

2003 L #2504
Established Member
Maybe you can talk to them at Amazon and see if they will take the upper back and give you credit towards a lower. By the time you spend the money on a puller ($100) you probably could have found yourself a nice used quick change setup for the lower. Just a thought

thorntonSVT

Established Member
Maybe you can talk to them at Amazon and see if they will take the upper back and give you credit towards a lower. By the time you spend the money on a puller ($100) you probably could have found yourself a nice used quick change setup for the lower. Just a thought

Didn't think about that. Just talked to rick to :(. I'll run that by him tomorrow and see what he thinks.

Users who are viewing this thread