Remote Tuning

Black93Fox

Established Member
Hey everyone i am in need of a tune by remote. There is not anyone local that can tune or atleast that i trust enough and i'm not happy with my current tune. Looking for recommendations on people that have been used so there is actual experience with the person not completely by word of mouth. I have contacted Shaun at AED he wont tune a 03/04 cobra by remote.

I have heard a little about Greg at RET and Brooks at Brooks Speed anyone have experience with these guys?

Little about the car

04 cobra stock block
2.3 whipple 19 PSI
normal supporting mods exhaust, CAI, headers an full exhaust.

Thanks!

96gt02

Established Member
Most reputable tuners will want the car in person especially being heavily modified, as even a remote tune leaves a lot to be desired

matthayn

COBRO TO 5.BRO
Established Member
You might try Pm'ing 04sleeper, he's moderator of both this section and the distillery. He remote tuned both my cobra longblock upper and lower pulley setup and my current stroker setup. I've driven his e85 tunes and ridden in a friend's cobra with his 93 tune, all drive great, no complaints.

Black93Fox

Established Member
Most reputable tuners will want the car in person especially being heavily modified, as even a remote tune leaves a lot to be desired

Kinda get that, but if the car is put together properly an no issues there really isnt alot of difference if you are on the dyno and emailing the data logs back an forth with the tuner an adjusting as needed.

Black93Fox

Established Member
You might try Pm'ing 04sleeper, he's moderator of both this section and the distillery. He remote tuned both my cobra longblock upper and lower pulley setup and my current stroker setup. I've driven his e85 tunes and ridden in a friend's cobra with his 93 tune, all drive great, no complaints.

Will do thanks for the info i had seen some post about him doing tunes havent had a chance to really research it yet.

Last edited:

96gt02

Established Member
Mass air remote tuning is much harder than speed density

01yellercobra

Established Member

A good tuner can tell if it's a tune or a mechanical issue. As long as you get the data the tuner needs a remote tune is just as good as a tune done in person. There's a tuner that takes care of 3V's that lives in another country. He's tuned some pretty wild combos that I've seen. It's all in knowing what you're doing. Just because it's in person doesn't mean the tuner is any good. And IMO, the OP's car isn't that built. It's a pretty basic combo that a lot of people are running.

Mass air remote tuning is much harder than speed density

I think you have that backwards. Speed density has more tables that need to be correct in order for the car to run correctly. With a MAF set up once the transfer function is good the rest falls into place.

Black93Fox

Established Member
A good tuner can tell if it's a tune or a mechanical issue. As long as you get the data the tuner needs a remote tune is just as good as a tune done in person. There's a tuner that takes care of 3V's that lives in another country. He's tuned some pretty wild combos that I've seen. It's all in knowing what you're doing. Just because it's in person doesn't mean the tuner is any good. And IMO, the OP's car isn't that built. It's a pretty basic combo that a lot of people are running.

I think you have that backwards. Speed density has more tables that need to be correct in order for the car to run correctly. With a MAF set up once the transfer function is good the rest falls into place.

My thoughts exactly think he might be confused a little. Long as the car is put together right ( no mechanical issues ) there really is no difference between remote and in person if the data logs are being sent back and tune adjustments sent in return.

Users who are viewing this thread