Remote tuning questions

2004cobra615

sssvtsnake
Established Member
Never remote tuned before and I have some questions about process

Basic set up:So I have a 2004 cobra with 2.9 Whipple Seema deka 80ilb injectors, accufab tb jlt ram air intake and stock maf with lethal buget return fuel system. With current twin 340 pumps on 93 changing the pumps to twin walbros465's.

Currently I'm installing a innovate lcm2 air fuel module and guage to make sure it is all working.

I'm trying to get the A/F module set up to talk to my sct x3 handheld. Anyone who has done remote tunning before what are the a/f ranges you need to be able to read for tunning 93 octane and E85?

How do I get the sctx3 software to recognize a/f ratios?

Last edited:

2004cobra615

sssvtsnake
Established Member
Anyone who has done remote tuning can you chime in on how the process works?

2004 Cobra 2.9 Whipple

scottydsntknow

Established Member
I have an X3, I logged for my remote tuner on a laptop running the SCT Livelink software you can DL on their site for free. As long as you have all the SCT drivers installed you should be good to run it. It was all automatic for me with Win10.

To get your AF gauge to talk to the X3 you need to buy a firewire (amazon), strip it and use 2 of the 6 wires since only 2 pins are used by the X3, ground and signal. Red is signal, black is ground. Ground to wherever is convenient, the signal you solder to the analog output wire on your AF gauge. Then plug the firewire into the X3 along with the USB cable for the laptop and OBD2 cable. In the SCT Livelink software you can select the formula your specific AF guage uses which they should have on their website. Mine was (v*2)+9. AEM is (v*2)+10, you'll have to find out what Innovate uses, it should be on their site. I had my swap remote tuned from FL and I was in NJ.

Last edited:

2004cobra615

sssvtsnake
Established Member
I have an X3, I logged for my remote tuner on a laptop running the SCT Livelink software you can DL on their site for free. As long as you have all the SCT drivers installed you should be good to run it. It was all automatic for me with Win10.

To get your AF gauge to talk to the X3 you need to buy a firewire (amazon), strip it and use 2 of the 6 wires since only 2 pins are used by the X3, ground and signal. Red is signal, black is ground. Ground to wherever is convenient, the signal you solder to the analog output wire on your AF gauge. Then plug the firewire into the X3 along with the USB cable for the laptop and OBD2 cable. In the SCT Livelink software you can select the formula your specific AF guage uses which they should have on their website. Mine was (v*2)+9. AEM is (v*2)+10, you'll have to find out what Innovate uses, it should be on their site. I had my swap remote tuned from FL and I was in NJ.
So I have the sct analog cable but it is only reading voltages on the sct software. I'll have to try to find the equation innovate uses to see if I can get the sct software to convert it.
Thanks

2004 Cobra 2.9 Whipple

scottydsntknow

Established Member
Yeah you can't just log on the handheld, you need a laptop and Livelink and you need to input the correct formula. You have to do a little bit of setting it up actually... get with your remote tuner to walk you through it. If they wont' do it, get a new tuner.

Users who are viewing this thread