Reliable oil drain pans for your oil change?

I was curious what oil drain pans you guys were buying when you do your own oil changes?

Have used one from Advanced Auto & AutoZone and I have the same recurring issue. The cap on the pan doesn't seal properly. Major hassle, in terms of keeping it from spilling, when I take the used oil to Advanced.

Really would like to hear of a higher quality oil drain pan for our cars for oil changes.

I swear I get so irritated with these $10 ones that I just throw them away after returning the used oil.

Thanks in advance for all replies.

Rob

Blueline

Established Member
Rob I usually grab one of my 5gal hydraulic fluid buckets and fill it as I go. It fills up about once a year and dump it at advance auto. The hydraulic fluid bucket has a spout with a screw on cap that works great for storage ans transport back and forth. If you don't use hydraulic fluid, I use it in my backhoe, stop by a local auto parts or mechanic shop I'm sure they have a bunch laying around they would gladly give you.

Rob I usually grab one of my 5gal hydraulic fluid buckets and fill it as I go. It fills up about once a year and dump it at advance auto. The hydraulic fluid bucket has a spout with a screw on cap that works great for storage ans transport back and forth. If you don't use hydraulic fluid, I use it in my backhoe, stop by a local auto parts or mechanic shop I'm sure they have a bunch laying around they would gladly give you.

Fantastic reply Tony. Thank you so much for the suggestion. Never once considered that alternative. I appreciate it buddy. :)

THunterW

SGTSVT & SVTSGT
Established Member

This is how my dad and I always did home oil changes. We had 2-3 buckets we would fill up over time and when they would get full, we would drop it off to get disposed of. Luckily for me, I don't have to change oil in my driveway anymore since the base I'm at has a Auto Hobby Shop on it, and can use their lift and change it there for $4.

Users who are viewing this thread