Relay for HID

03auto

Established Member
Not for sure what brand HID kit it is, but need a relay for high beam side. Would the relay be continuos or intermittent ? I have found one of each.

Silver03Termi

Established Member
a lot of HID kits need a relay to work. 03auto, did you buy HIDs that have a high and low beam lamp? i dont think that ive seen high and low beams in the same lamp/bulb. im not sure what you mean my continuous or intermittent relay, and im an electrician. im guessing continuous. if you have 2 different lamps, one for high and one for low, the wiring is straight forward. you use the stock wiring plug as the "trigger" or coil voltage for the relay. then you use typically a 30 amp circuit, thats controlled by the relay, to power the ballasts of the HID's.

03auto

Established Member
My kit has been working fine one of the relays went out. The old relay # want cross so I called Standard IGN. and told them the terminal confg. and 12v 30 amp. I then was told they have both Conti. and Inter.

Silver03Termi

Established Member
Just pull the current relay out and take it to a parts store. I'm guessing u have 2 relays, one for high and one for low beams? 4 lamps and 4 ballast?

03auto

Established Member
Just pull the current relay out and take it to a parts store. I'm guessing u have 2 relays, one for high and one for low beams? 4 lamps and 4 ballast?

The numbers on the old one will not cross and it is some off the wall name brand

03auto

Established Member
Not for sure the name of the kit it was installed when I bought the vehicle. The relay has just stop working it is a 2 light per side system. I have found the relays but have a chose of Conti. or Interm.

Silver03Termi

Established Member
Not for sure the name of the kit it was installed when I bought the vehicle. The relay has just stop working it is a 2 light per side system. I have found the relays but have a chose of Conti. or Interm.

I'd say continuous. Ask the manufacturer the difference in the two. Sounds very similar to "duty cycle" rating

Users who are viewing this thread