Reinhart copies Procharger Kit

MI2QWK4U

Motor City Marauders
Established Member
Tim, I can tell you I have laid this one down and just backed away, just not worth it. It gets old and out of hand. You like yours, I like mine, along with anyone else with a blown Marauder. Thats about all I am gonna say. Have a good one.

Last edited:

The Wraith

Established Member
It was allways cool checkin out your threads .I hope you get back on . hope to see ya at MVIII. :pepper: .

Oh i forgot to add that the title of this thread should be reversed.Especially since we've read the start to finish threads @ MM.Net :bash:

Last edited:

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
The Wraith said:
It was allways cool checkin out your threads .I hope you get back on . hope to see ya at MVIII. :pepper: .

I'm not worried about it.

What kind of site doesn't let a person express themselves as long as profanity is not used or personal abusiveness? And don't even think about saying anything negative about a vendor! Even if other members who are spending their hard earned money have a right to know. MM.net is a money making enterprise, disrupt it and get the boot

The thought the net was about freedom of information, in this case I was wrong.

DEFYANT

Adm!nistrate This.....
Established Member
tmac1337 said:
The thought the net was about freedom of information, in this case I was wrong.

Your right, you are wrong. The net is one great big TV commercial. Think about it. This site also has vendors, they all do. It's all an attempt to get you to spend money. And it works! :shrug:

Hence this areas nickname "The Dark Side of MM.net". Simply because you can speak your mind here w/o being shut down if your rant is too contoversial (sp?). If enough people there got pist off about the censorship, this would become the Home of the Mercury Marauder.

As a customer and supporter of MM.Net, I want the truth. Good or bad. That keeps the vendors honest. If they are not cirticized if they are doing something wrong, they will continue the practice. Not good :nonono:

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
Defyant said:
As a customer and supporter of MM.Net, I want the truth. Good or bad. That keeps the vendors honest. If they are not cirticized if they are doing something wrong, they will continue the practice. Not good :nonono:

I agree. I have no problem supporting a site. I spent thousands of dollars through MM.net. I would freely spend money on this website in the future if something a vendor sold caught my eye. That is my end of the bargain as a consumer. A vendor should therefore be able to sustain criticism and stick it out as long as it is not malicious but factual so other members can be informed before spending their money and supporting a site. It should be a vendor who gets booted instead of a member.

F-16

Established Member
tmac1337 said:
I agree. I have no problem supporting a site. I spent thousands of dollars through MM.net. I would freely spend money on this website in the future if something a vendor sold caught my eye. That is my end of the bargain as a consumer. A vendor should therefore be able to sustain criticism and stick it out as long as it is not malicious but factual so other members can be informed before spending their money and supporting a site. It should be a vendor who gets booted instead of a member.
If a vendor did something wrong, then the vendor should pay the price or make it right. Booting some one for speaking the truth on how they feel is no reason to boot them. I don't know all the facts only what I've read here ,but something doesn't sound right.

klmore

Established Member
Air to Air Vortech

I was not planning on posting on this topic, but I feel the need to since I own one of the Marauders in question. :dw:

First of all the Vortech air to air intercooled supercharger was in the planning stages well before the Marauder Procharger was. It was never really fully developed since the water to air version was (and still is) selling well. As everyone knows it takes time and effort to create and produce a new kit.

As a business decision and the fact that I wanted something different on my car and was willing to give it up for R&D, Dennis decided to move forward with the kit.

As a side note DR and F.I.T. were doing the Procharger kit together in the beginning and I find it difficult to believe that some of DR's ideas are not on display with the Procharger kit.

Business is business and whatever killed that relationship is none of my concern, but it makes sense that the kits would look similar because it is a similar style supercharger with an air to air intercooler in a Marauder. Beyond the layout looking similar, the DR kit is very different in the tubing, cooler location, and much more.

This has to do with competition. God forbid DR develop a kit that would compete with the Procharger. After the way some of you guys have run him and his business into the ground, I think he has been pretty nice. I wouldn't have been so nice about it. I would have sold superchargers at cost just to screw with the Procharger launch. Not that the Procharger launch didn't have enough problems on its own in the beginning, but with good time it seemed to get worked out.

In my opinion I think the Trilogy supercharger, multiple Vortech kits, and the Procharger are all good options for a Marauder it is just a matter of what someone wants.

Some people have their panties still in a wad about getting tossed off of MM.net and won't let it go.

Tmac, you bought an untested supercharger system and had to help go through the development stages. If you were not equipped to handle the problems that go with an untested system, you should have bought one of the many kits that have the bugs worked out. You appear to have a good ride now and why you can't seem to get past this is beyond me. :cryying:

F-16

Established Member
klmore said:
I was not planning on posting on this topic, but I feel the need to since I own one of the Marauders in question. :dw:

First of all the Vortech air to air intercooled supercharger was in the planning stages well before the Marauder Procharger was. It was never really fully developed since the water to air version was (and still is) selling well. As everyone knows it takes time and effort to create and produce a new kit.

As a business decision and the fact that I wanted something different on my car and was willing to give it up for R&D, Dennis decided to move forward with the kit.

As a side note DR and F.I.T. were doing the Procharger kit together in the beginning and I find it difficult to believe that some of DR's ideas are not on display with the Procharger kit.

Business is business and whatever killed that relationship is none of my concern, but it makes sense that the kits would look similar because it is a similar style supercharger with an air to air intercooler in a Marauder. Beyond the layout looking similar, the DR kit is very different in the tubing, cooler location, and much more.

This has to do with competition. God forbid DR develop a kit that would compete with the Procharger. After the way some of you guys have run him and his business into the ground, I think he has been pretty nice. I wouldn't have been so nice about it. I would have sold superchargers at cost just to screw with the Procharger launch. Not that the Procharger launch didn't have enough problems on its own in the beginning, but with good time it seemed to get worked out.

In my opinion I think the Trilogy supercharger, multiple Vortech kits, and the Procharger are all good options for a Marauder it is just a matter of what someone wants.

Some people have their panties still in a wad about getting tossed off of MM.net and won't let it go.

Tmac, you bought an untested supercharger system and had to help go through the development stages. If you were not equipped to handle the problems that go with an untested system, you should have bought one of the many kits that have the bugs worked out. You appear to have a good ride now and why you can't seem to get past this is beyond me. :cryying:
ProCharger, Trilogy & Now Vorteck also make's S/C also for the Marauder. I have alot of reading to do.

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
klmore said:

Oooops

Last edited:

marauderer

Grumpy old Curmudgeon
Rebuilt Torque Converters by "Morris"

tmac1337 said:
I have no amimosity towards you, in fact it is my hope as another Marauder owner that you enjoy the same appreciation for your kit as I do with mine.

I do not care about getting a "screen name" booted from MM.net. It is only a screen name, many more where that one came from.

If you have read a few of the posts on these different threads you will see that I did know I was getting a un-tested kit in the beginning, that was part of the deal. The deal being I would have to leave my car off at SCT Orlando for a few days so a tune could be developed for myself and all other future owners of the kit. If any changes were made to the kit it was agreed that these changes would be thought out and applied to my car during the process.

What was not counted on was the incident at SCT, which I have already stated clearly.

I must also state that heretofore I was one of DR's most adamant supporters, just ask BillyG about that.

Even though I heard the stories personally from owners in Fl and GA about used TQ converters being installed, bad transmission jobs done with no later accountability, bad tunes, terrible customer service, items being "lost" in the mail all the time and re-sent, vendor banishments from other websites, "www.truthaboutreinhart.com", finger-puppets, lawsuits, experimentation on other people cars, and on and on and on -

I still supported DR and would go out of my way to stick up for him when he was getting bashed. I travelled to his shop twice and spent thousands of dollars there myself. I have just about every mod he is the third party seller of on my car. So if you think that when the Procharger kit was fabricated and designed in Kansas City that it is only coincidence that DR has a few similarities that is up to you.

But, I know a few things about what went down that you do not. You only know what you have been told. I lived it! I'm not crying about it. I'm only letting everyone else know some facts as one owner to another. This resulted in a "screen name" being banned. DR has been having business problems long before this incident came up, whose fault is that?

Again, I wish you all the luck with your kit and hope you like it just as much as I do mine.

There is all kind of rumors going around about DR. My own personal experiances with DR is top shelf reputable. When I got my Stage II transmission from DR with the 3000 stall TC he was out of the PI Stallions. He told me he was running a rebuilt TC from Morris in his MK VIII. I said Ok lets try it so I wouldn't have to wait any longer. To make a long story short I was not happy with it and told DR. He said OK and sent a PI TC to Team Ford in Atlanta and paid the boys there to take the Morris out and install the PI at no charge to me. Wow!! That was beyond the call of making it right in my book. Yes, the Morris looks like a stock converter but it isn't, as it has been opened up and reworked to different specs. I have been at DR's shop for multiple days and he is always trying to support the customer the best he can. A bit gruff and irritable at times but always trying to do the right thing.

Johnny Langton

Street Bird
Established Member
F-16 said:
If a vendor did something wrong, then the vendor should pay the price or make it right. Booting some one for speaking the truth on how they feel is no reason to boot them. I don't know all the facts only what I've read here ,but something doesn't sound right.
That's a normal practice for MM.net.I've read some over there,and have a friend with a C-Vic that registered there,but his posts started disappearing when he questioned the truth behind some posts that we all know were lies,and or half-truths. The moderators/admins on MM.net have one goal in mind,IMO..
Free parts from their pet vendors(but they'll never admit that),and keeping ALL bad press about those vendors out of the public eye.
JL

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
Johnny Langton said:
That's a normal practice for MM.net.I've read some over there,and have a friend with a C-Vic that registered there,but his posts started disappearing when he questioned the truth behind some posts that we all know were lies,and or half-truths. The moderators/admins on MM.net have one goal in mind,IMO..
Free parts from their pet vendors(but they'll never admit that),and keeping ALL bad press about those vendors out of the public eye.
JL
Well, I guess there definately is one vendor over there who isn't very popular with the Thunderbird board, uh? However, I must add that some of the vendors there are top notch. Trilogy and Kooks being my personal favorites. And they're not the only ones I've done business with either.

Johnny Langton

Street Bird
Established Member
BillyGman said:
Well, I guess there definately is one vendor over there who isn't very popular with the Thunderbird board, uh? However, I must add that some of the vendors there are top notch. Trilogy and Kooks being my personal favorites. And they're not the only ones I've done business with either.
Lies and ethics are a serious problem with the majority of the Internet vendors today.
There are good vendors,and then there are the rest.
It appears that there are only a few boards that are intolerant of lies and coverups by vendors and their post-whores.Those borads are always pointed out by the post-whores,and vendor-supported site admins as having a "personal vendetta" against the lying,scumbag vendors.
JL

Last edited:

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
Johnny Langton said:
Lies and ethics are a serious problem with the majority of the Internet vendors today.
There are good vendors,and then there are the rest.
JL
Yes, I agree wholeheartedly with you on that Johnny. What kills me is how many board members on various boards there are, who after getting ripped off completely by some vendors, will not make any effort at all to warn people so that the same thing doesn't happen to them!!!

There are even those who don't want to say anything bad about certain crooked vendors who have installed parts on their cars w/out asking them so they can charge them for it, who won't even tell you about it when you send them a private message to inquire even though you assure them that you won't mention their username on the boards. That's part of the reason why those unscrupulous vendors get away with it. They know from experience that atleast half of the customers that they rip off will stay quiet about it.

Last edited:

maraudernkc

Procharger Kit #0
Established Member
You won't ever see DR get on this board under his own name because he would have no ass left.

BillyGman said:
Yes, I agree wholeheartedly with you on that Johnny. What kills me is how many board members on various boards there are, who after getting ripped off completely by some vendors, will not make any effort at all to warn people so that the same thing doesn't happen to them!!!

There are even those who don't want to say anything bad about certain crooked vendors who have installed parts on their cars w/out asking them so they can charge them for it, who won't even tell you about it when you send them a private message to inquire even though you assure them that you won't mention their username on the boards. That's part of the reason why those unscrupulous vendors get away with it. They know from experience that atleast half of the customers that they rip off will stay quiet about it.

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
Greg, did you just sell 2 Procharger kits to some small island in the Indian Ocean?

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
maraudernkc said:
You won't ever see DR get on this board under his own name because he would have no ass left.

Very good point. There are more than a few paddles at the ready.

maraudernkc

Procharger Kit #0
Established Member
No it was two Pigme's from New Ginny.They just bought used Marauders and had the shipped over there. They said they have no speed limit and wanted ny superdutyhighoutputnitrousfirebreathingblowerkit.

Looks like DR missed out on these two sales.

tmac1337 said:
Greg, did you just sell 2 Procharger kits to some small island in the Indian Ocean?

Users who are viewing this thread