regrets for selling past ride(s)... any?

fire_4_effect

Motorsports = Expensive!
Established Member
I miss my 95 civic hatchback. I raped many unsuspecting high end/built cars with it. People still talk about that car here in town. Of course it was stolen and stripped almost 10 years ago. I also miss my srt-4. That car never gave me a problem and was a blast to drive. I also like how every ricer hated it with a passion.

thinking back, my very first ride was a 97 honda accord se... shit, that was over 12 years ago; time surely flies! anyways, i didn't do anything special for it except the usual (intake, exhaust) at that time, i was just steppin' in the game. you are right, those imports are extremely reliable! :)

I love that generation so much more than the new one's.

:beer:

Blown2004Stang

Established Member
Here are the ones that I miss the most..

2001 Lightning.. 630whp/617wtq
Rebuild113.jpg

28.jpg

1999 Donzi 30zf..
NewDonzi30ZF2.jpg

NewDonzi30ZF4.jpg

Travis

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
Hands down, without a doubt, for sure, 100%.....I miss my 03 Cobra. This was a H U G E mistake. I panicked at the first sign of money trouble and acted hastily. MISTAKE. I will never forgive myself for selling it. Damn....

IMG_2175CHOP-1.jpg

IMG_2195CHOP-1.jpg

CanonDigitalRebelPhotoshoot1005.jpg

IMG_2173-1.jpg

IMG_2162-1.jpg

IMG_2143-1.jpg

-Mike

I was sad for you when you sold it. I love that car. Easily one the nicest sb's on the site.:thumbsup:

Dubbnasty

Carolina Mountain Snake
Established Member
my first ride. 1983 mustang conv. v6 auto with the pleather interior. a/c doesnt work heat only worked in the summer. the top had to be hand dropped after a short while after i got it. what a turd bucket. but it was nice to drop the top back in high school and go cruising the back roads of nc and va. someone slid down the hill near my house and nailed it. the money was used to buy a 66 coupe with 90k original miles we found in a shed and still havnt restored. man how time can get away from ya!

BlkY2k

Established Member
Only one car I really regret selling and that was a good one. 69 charger, 440 mag, 4spd. Man what a car, it was a big ole boat but torque for days. I was 20 yrs old and couldn`t afford to feed it anymore so it had to go. It would go through 2 tanks of gas each night I took it out, 1 to cruise and 1 to get home. Only car I ever had that you could watch the speedo go one way and the gas gauge go the other way. lol

fire_4_effect

Motorsports = Expensive!
Established Member
Your TL was sick. Best one I've seen... Many days of the week I wish I had one as a DD and saw yours and was like dayummmmmmmm!

I wish I still had my '66 stang, cream color, black vinyl top. running pony interior...

thanks for the compliment... you just made me miss her that much more! :nonono: :-D

Hands down, without a doubt, for sure, 100%.....I miss my 03 Cobra. This was a H U G E mistake. I panicked at the first sign of money trouble and acted hastily. MISTAKE. I will never forgive myself for selling it. Damn....

IMG_2175CHOP-1.jpg

IMG_2195CHOP-1.jpg

CanonDigitalRebelPhotoshoot1005.jpg

IMG_2173-1.jpg

IMG_2162-1.jpg

IMG_2143-1.jpg

-Mike

mike - your cobra was tight, sweet-ass ride; love that blue! trust me, when it comes to finance... it will knock the socks off anyone! just be happy with what you have now. :coolman:

AZSnake98

NVWSSV
Established Member
I miss sellin the vortech'd 98 cobra... wish i could find the guy in havasu that bought it. id buy it back in a heartbeat.

fire_4_effect

Motorsports = Expensive!
Established Member
I miss my first brand new car I bought. 98 Eclipse GSX at the age of 21. 28K for a car was a lot back then. I kept it for 5 yrs. Car had Ported heads, HKS 264/272 cams, Eagle Rods, Venolia pistons, full arp bolts, Full 3" exhaust, 720cc injectors, DSM link, T3/T4 60 trim Turbo, FMIC, forged wheels, full suspension you name it. 2 transmissions, 4 clutches, 2 sets of u joints and a drive shaft later I had to let it go. I bet I dumped 35-40K into that thing including the purchase price. What really made me say **** it I have had enough was after I had the motor built it got "crankwalk" 125 miles into break in. $1400 to fix it on top of the $5500 in parts and labor to build the motor and I was done with it. Sad thing was, I never even took any pics of it. I do have a VHS video of it I recorded in 2000 but thats it. Sold it and bought a brand new STI in 03 which I definately do not regret selling after 8 months of ownership. Should have never bought it.

sounds like you put in alot of love into the gsx... next time take pics of all your rides, great for memories. i see that you were not a happy sti owner, what happened? i thought those rides were pretty decent... not my cup of tea though. thanks for sharing your story.

That TL is titts. I dislike the new style prior to 08. I would love to have 07-08 Type S.

i love boobs... :rockon:
i am totally with you on the newer model... they suck!

TakeAwayTheFear

Stabbing the Drama
Established Member
I got rid of my last car a 2006 Evo9 to get my Z06. My Z06 is up for sale after 2 years, and Im getting another Evo.

The Z06 was not the best choice for a daily driver lol nice car, but he Evo is 10x more fun to drive on a daily basis and much more practical ..... I have missed mine since the day I got rid of it:(
IMG_3438-1.gif

IMG_3499-1.gif

looks like Ill be getting a 2003 Evo8 with 11k miles on the clock and the color is blue by you!!:rockon: cant wait!!!!!:-D

Nicky Pass

...boom goes the dynamite
Established Member
I had a 1993 Vibrant Red Cobra with no sunroof and black cloth interior. I would love to buy another one and put the drivetrain of a 03-04 Cobra in it.

96lasersnake

storm trooper'd cobra
Established Member
Was just recently looking at pics of some of my old cars and thinking how much I wish I hadnt sold some of them. Havnt really been messing with car stuff latley and kinda miss cleaning up my cars. Really miss these few

04 cobra vert. Remember really wanting a white 04 with the dark seat inserts and radomly found one local with low miles. I did so much little nice things to this car.

when first bought
Vertcobra007.jpg

Vertcobra011.jpg

Vertcobra002.jpg

when I was done
VRTCBRA16.jpg

VRTCBRA21.jpg

VRTCBRA28.jpg

VRTCBRA66.jpg

VRTCBRA62.jpg

VRTCBRA42.jpg

also miss these cars i had
02 gt and 04 L
Z45.jpg

Z33.jpg

Z9.jpg

08 bullitt
B028.jpg

Bul02.jpg

93 cobra
93cobraSVT061.jpg

93cobraSVT030.jpg

04 cobra
Newsprings9-28-08024.jpg

Newsprings9-28-08006.jpg

CBR39.jpg

CBR20.jpg

Ncobra20.jpg

Ncobra13.jpg

MPRT_H8R

Established Member
i had an 04 sonic blue GT with 18" chrome Cobras and h&r lowering springs. i had just made the rear seat delete, tinted the windows a put on a new slp exhaust and x pipe and installed black Corbeau TRS seats with blue 4 point belts. all i had left to do was buy the procharger and some long tube headers. then i came across an 03 Cobra and traded the GT. i miss the GT every day. it had everything i wanted and in retrospect i never needed a 550hp Cobra. i was perfectly happy with the GT...i guess the grass isnt always greener, as they say.....:(

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I've only owned it for about a 1 1/2yrs but will always miss it. One of the nicest coupes I've ever seen. 1992 coupe, sold it with 39k on it. Pretty much all stock except exhaust, mgw shifter, SFC's and 17in pony R wheels. Color was somewhat rare, medium titanium metallic, with a factory a/c delete, 5spd. I had window stickers among other paper work. Went to a great guy in N. Carolina.

DSC01420-1.jpg

DSC01418-1.jpg

DSC01421.jpg

DSC01414.jpg

DSC01232.jpg

DSC01211.jpg

96lasersnake

storm trooper'd cobra
Established Member
96lasersnake you had some badass cars. i loved your detail threads and everything you did with those cars.

Thanks dude, always enjoy updates of your car. I was looking back at those threads today of when I cleaned up and added little stuff to those cars. It was really nice. Things have been crazy latley and havnt even touched the cars I have now.

chris1badL

Established Member
I miss my pullied and ported Lighting. One of my biggest car regrets. I have had 12 mustangs and a corvette. I sold the lighting 3 years ago and wish I never got rid of it. I still wish ford will come out with a new one. I will be first in line and give up my current mustang. The guy I sold it to is a memeber on here but forgot his name. Anyone that might have a lighting and thinking of getting rid of it, DONT DO IT.

fire_4_effect

Motorsports = Expensive!
Established Member
Definitely miss my '04. Sold it about 3 months ago.

002.jpg

001.jpg

022.jpg

nice ride... hopefully it went to a good owner. are you stationed at fort hood? (if you are in the service of course)

I think I followed you down 35 from Dallas on night... :shrug:

that was perhaps a different ride... when i sold the ride, an elder lady bought it and i returned it back to factory specs (exterior wise) but left the supercharger because the new owner "loved the feel of more power." :rockon:

fire_4_effect

Motorsports = Expensive!
Established Member
I regret every car I sell for one reason or another. Though I end up hating every car im currently driving at some point in my ownership, either payments, car issues, rattles/squeaks/clunks/noises, etc. GST is annoying the piss out of me due to some front end suspension clunk that has came back, even though the entire front end has been fully replaced with OEM stuff (not cheap), replaced tie-rod ends and endlinks twice now. Next up is the sway bar bushings.

Those wheels are sick and would look awesome on my Spyder. What kind are they?

Also, holy sig pic batman......

Still not digging the Genesis Coupe front grille opening. Looks like some goofy smiley face.

the wheels that were on my TL are the piaa super rozzas (3-piece)... yep, they are extremely nice and pricey too! LOL! now i sport gram lights (z33) and volks (cobra) :rockon:

we need a thread about vehicles you regret BUYING lol.

:lol: totally agree!

Users who are viewing this thread