Regarding Shelby brake caliber ethics

i48

Established Member
I am not quite comprehensive in the field of Shelby's or really any other performance vehicle. I fell in love with the GT500 when I initially saw pictures of the 13's and worked my way until I could afford one. Its white / black stripes performance package and I wanted to get the Brembos a nice color. My best friend told me that it is against "code" he calls it to get Yellow Calipers on a Mustang and that I should go with Red ones. I'm beginning to understand the nuisances of what to and what not to do with my girl but wanted some clarification on this one. Should I not get Yellow calipers rather get red ones? Sorry for a beginners question but I gotta start somewhere =) Some pictures of caliper colors would be awesome as well so I can get a visualization of it all.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
I am not quite comprehensive in the field of Shelby's or really any other performance vehicle. I fell in love with the GT500 when I initially saw pictures of the 13's and worked my way until I could afford one. Its white / black stripes performance package and I wanted to get the Brembos a nice color. My best friend told me that it is against "code" he calls it to get Yellow Calipers on a Mustang and that I should go with Red ones. I'm beginning to understand the nuisances of what to and what not to do with my girl but wanted some clarification on this one. Should I not get Yellow calipers rather get red ones? Sorry for a beginners question but I gotta start somewhere =) Some pictures of caliper colors would be awesome as well so I can get a visualization of it all.

There is no "Code". It's your car, do whatever you think you'll enjoy. THAT's the real point of these kinds of cars: To have fun! :beer:

What colour is your GT500?

He said white with black stripes.

i48

Established Member
This is the car. And yeah I understand it's completely about your own taste when editing the car, but sometimes people who are new to soccer buy shiny green shoes without understanding that those colors are reserved for specific positions or player types and it ousts them as douchebags without their understanding. I want to make sure my car remains classy, aside from the Caliper color change I don't think there's any other addition I'd like to put on the car, at least until I begin to understand the internal mechanics.

hLQVXsP.jpg

einehund

Established Member
i think yellow would look awesome on a white/black stripe car. Is yours a PP car with the dark wheels, cause that'd look even more like sex with dark wheels, black stripes, white background and BAM yellow brakes.

i48

Established Member
yjyvuzym.jpg
mine is on the left.
5u5y4yby.jpg

I really do like the yellow calipers more, there's something elegant about them sitting on this beast, the red seems more aggressive. Thanks for the responses I guess I just wanted to verify wether it's a frowned upon to put yellow calipers on a Shelby.

Farmer-Ted

I pooped a little.
Established Member
Actually since you're new to the board, per proper protocol, you are relegated to pink calipers for two years.

Ray Lucca

Established Member
It's your car, enjoy it... Many start with:
Ford Racing Resonator Delete
Airaid Non-oiled Blue or Red Air Filter
Red Line or NXT No-drill Hood Struts
Bob's Oil Catch Can [Pass. side].

Call Van at Revan Racing and BJ at VMP for expert advice and Mods...

Driver500

Established Member
Leave the calipers alone. That's a ricer mod.

You have a GT500. You don't need the $4.99 painted calipers to look cool. If you must do something check out the Gt500 section and see what some of the most common mods to start with are. Usually they address factory shortcomings and will make your car run better longer than it does now.

Last edited:

huggytree

Established Member
im a purist, so i would not paint them

Dodge has red/orange Brembo's...its part of their flashy look

Ford keeps them black

i would not choose yellow....id rather go red than yellow any day...i think yellow would look odd on a white car....

662HP631TQ

Established Member
This is the car. And yeah I understand it's completely about your own taste when editing the car, but sometimes people who are new to soccer buy shiny green shoes without understanding that those colors are reserved for specific positions or player types and it ousts them as douchebags without their understanding. I want to make sure my car remains classy, aside from the Caliper color change I don't think there's any other addition I'd like to put on the car, at least until I begin to understand the internal mechanics.

This ain't soccer man! This is YOUR car DO WHAT YOU WANT!! You have a calling for these things you have poste now 2-3 times on different posts within this thread the color yellow and the word caliper.....Seems to me you want to do somehing. Are you going to let some douche tell you what to do with YOUR car? His advice is comparable to that shiny green shoe scenario, YOUR FRIEND IS WEARING THOSE SHINY GREEN SHOES OUT OF POSITION. Only 2 people have told you not to do it....probably also wearing shiny green shoes......

Verdict:
Paint the Calipers yellow, you'll be able to sleep better at night and orgasm when you go out to look at it before a drive....pffffft

Supposed friends telling people what to do and what not to do.

I'll be back, I gotta go pick up some shiny green shoes from Sporting Goods store.

Planeswalker

Established Member
Do what you want, there will always people who like or dislike it. It just matters what you like, would be a boring world if we all did the same thing.

bpmurr

Established Member
Ultimately it's up to you but personally I think it's a ricer mod.

Users who are viewing this thread