reflashed tune to predator

Rudy

Twin screwed
Established Member
My car is dyno tuned using efi solutions reflash.
Next week my apten blower is going in and possibly mrt h pipe and ported tb/plenum would be next. I hear alot of ppl has to get tune again after doing the apten. Would I be able to get a custom tune using predator? and overwrite the existing tune?

jimh

Established Member
Go back and get your EFI tune redone. There is a lot more flexibility and parameter changes availible from the EFI tune than from a Predator.

x14

Established Member
In order to use the Predator you're suppose to have the factory program in your computer first. So if you go this route you have to get your computer reflash to stock.

projekZERO

Werd
Established Member
how is there more parameters from efi? predator has increments of 500 rpm which is all that the ford pcm allows, so how can u have more?

jimh

Established Member
The EFI software allows them to change all of the maps, functions, and parameters. And not just by +- a certain percent. For example they could (not that they would or do, I don't know) pull more timing from cylinders 7&8 when the air intake temp is above a certain temp to prevent damage from etonation since those cylinders run hotter in the first place. Again, not that they would. I'm sure Diablo's revolution software (or whatever the shop software is called) allows more flexibility for the tuner than the Predator does as well. I have an flash and with mine the PCM now gives me a 2 stage rev limitter. When I am at a dead stop with the clutch down I can hold the gas pedal to the floor and the engine revs to 2500 and stays there 'til I release the clutch (actually 'til the back wheels start to move). They can also turn down the EGR table to stop the cruise rpm "trailer hitching" effect you might feel at low steady speeds.

Users who are viewing this thread