reflash ECU to stock by dealer when hand held tuner is lost.

michael kellam

Established Member
Michael, if you go to Cars & Coffee downtown Annapolis on Sunday morning, I can help you identify what is installed on your car. Evolution is the only shop that has touched my car and Jon Lund tuned my current setup on their dyno. As others have stated, your current tune becomes your "stock" tune if you install another custom tune in your car. I have been to JPC also, and they know and tune fast Mustangs as well.

Steve

around what time would you be there? i assume this is at the parking area next to ego alley?

michael kellam

Established Member
solution to posted issue: in a couple of weeks i have an appointment to have the car placed on the DYNO and then verified that there is a proper tune on the car. They did recommend that you do return the ECU to stock format before tuning but i failed to ask why. in any case JPC has all of the FORD tools in house so it will be very easy if i do in fact need a replacement tune. so i guess i will have my real starting point Sept 10th.

They advised against jumping right into a new tune as it probably isnt necessary. very nice to know they will help me NOT throw money away.

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
around what time would you be there? i assume this is at the parking area next to ego alley?

I am usually there 9:30-11:00. Yes, it is a small parking area near the end of the marina and there won't be many Shelbys there. I drive a vista blue 08.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
As for tuner - JPC is good, you could have Lund Racing remote tune it as well.

seriously??? Justin Burchman? Justin's Performance Center? They do some great work have a 7 second Coyote and IIRC have the N/A ET record for a Coyote, had a low 8s 3V back in 07 or 08.

very well known name

The name is vaguely familiar, but his shop doesn't ring a bell. I stopped trying to keep up with all the different tuning houses a long time ago after realizing how varied people's opinions are with each one. Everybody's tuning shop that they used is the best while anything else is sketchy, and they've all heard stories of some other tuner blowing somebody's engine. It's enough to drive you insane. The only ones I haven't heard tales of blowing engines is VMP, Lund, and EVO. (I have heard of some Lund tunes being iffy/rough.)

nxhappy

Established Member
solution to posted issue: in a couple of weeks i have an appointment to have the car placed on the DYNO and then verified that there is a proper tune on the car. They did recommend that you do return the ECU to stock format before tuning but i failed to ask why. in any case JPC has all of the FORD tools in house so it will be very easy if i do in fact need a replacement tune. so i guess i will have my real starting point Sept 10th.

They advised against jumping right into a new tune as it probably isnt necessary. very nice to know they will help me NOT throw money away.

Sweet. Be sure to ask them what the AFR looks like (air to fuel ratio). That is one key point in tuning. You want to see 11.0-11.7 all the way through the WOT rpm band. Anything over 12.0 and you are running lean. And lean is not good for the motor lol. I'm sure the shop is reputable and they will explain everything to you. Post up your dyno sheet later on :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread