RefaceDepot.com

starnsey

Established Member
I know from previous threads a few of you have done some house DIY and kitchen remodels. Has anyone ever gone through RefaceDepot.com to redo your kitchen cabinets? They seem fairly legit and have really good how-to's and what not but I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience with them: such as did they receive all the right materials they ordered and everything?

Got a quote to get our cabinets re-faced by home depot and I'm just not comfortable spending $10k on something I'm certain I could do myself for significantly less cost.

Anyone got any opinions?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
interesting, have you priced your stuff out on there yet? HD quoted us around 10k as well, I was expecting cheaper based on what their pitch

starnsey

Established Member
I have not done a quote yet. Was just doing some research today and it seems like a really good option because they have so many available options for finishes and doors.

starnsey

Established Member
Uhhh 10K to finish your cabinets? How much would new cost?

No idea, but that's why I'm deciding to do it myself.

It's new doors manufactured, new hinges, new slides, new drawer boxes, new drawer faces, new hardware, veneer, labor, etc.

04YellowGT

Established Member
No idea, but that's why I'm deciding to do it myself.

It's new doors manufactured, new hinges, new slides, new drawer boxes, new drawer faces, new hardware, veneer, labor, etc.

Sounds interesting. I don't know how bad your cabinets are but is all that necessary? Have you looked into the Rust-Oleum refinishing kits? I looked into it for my rental property and even know a few people that have used it and I was really impressed with the finished product. That and some new hardware and you could be in it for around $1000-$1500. Whenever my tenants move out I'm going to do it to make the property look a little nicer.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_340517-90-2...1&currentURL=?Ntt=cabinet+refinish&facetInfo=

starnsey

Established Member
Sounds interesting. I don't know how bad your cabinets are but is all that necessary? Have you looked into the Rust-Oleum refinishing kits? I looked into it for my rental property and even know a few people that have used it and I was really impressed with the finished product. That and some new hardware and you could be in it for around $1000-$1500. Whenever my tenants move out I'm going to do it to make the property look a little nicer.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_340517-90-2...sh&pl=1¤tURL=?Ntt=cabinet+refinish&facetInfo=

Bad/necessary? Probably not. But we're trying to get this house out of the 90's. New door/drawer styles are a for sure thing. Color change will also bring the look up to 21st century standards.

Users who are viewing this thread