Reeling in a CTS-V at Inde Motorsports Ranch

MFE

Established Member
Goddamn, those things are rocketships. 640hp just walks away in the straights. This is the last of several laps trying to catch the guy. I was on borrowed Toyo RA1's that were reportedly 7-8 years old, and I was 3 seconds a lap faster on them than I was on the relatively new Nitto NT01's that I corded earlier in the day. Toyos were 275's and the Nitto's were 255's but damn.

MFE

Established Member
No date code on those tires?

I didn't look. The owner told me afterward how old they were. Beforehand he just said "pretty old". They were a little slippery for a couple laps, then they hooked up pretty great.

Jefe

Established Member
Man I miss Inde. Hopefully we get back out there soon. Love that straight!

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
I always look forward to your driving videos MFE. I wish I had a track close to me. I've got the nerve and the funds .

smitty2919

Established Member
When is the HCI 6.0 getting put in?

What do you make for power in the mustang? I'm surprised you don't run at LEAST a sticky 275 on that car.

08mojo

Established Member
Awesome vid OP, you're living life right! Imagine how must faster you'd be without that inferior MM suspension;);)

smitty2919

Established Member
Foxbody's can't fit 275's??? Damn. I like the car since they are small-ish but everything else about them makes me happier in my Fbody. Factory 6 speed/front struts and TA/PHB with better seating position and toss on 315's without issue.

I bet your car with about 350hp+ and more meat under it will be quite the upgrade. How much does the car weigh?

Hard to chase down 640hp with 276hp :)

MFE

Established Member
Foxbody's can't fit 275's??? Damn. I like the car since they are small-ish but everything else about them makes me happier in my Fbody. Factory 6 speed/front struts and TA/PHB with better seating position and toss on 315's without issue.

I bet your car with about 350hp+ and more meat under it will be quite the upgrade. How much does the car weigh?

My 276 is at the wheels, so maybe 325 at the crank? Yeah, still hard to hang with half the horsepower. It weighs about 3225 curb weight vs the caddy's 4125-ish. And he had a small passenger so let's call it 1000 lbs heavier. Ooof.

08mojo

Established Member

a little massaging with a BFH and 275's will fit. You also have to remove the quad shocks...not sure if those are still installed on any foxbody in existence...

Users who are viewing this thread