Reduce body roll and enhance handling for street only driving

Puluke

Established Member
Hi

Considering installing Steeda Ultralight springs, panhard bar and lower control arms to reduce the body roll of a 2014 GT premium and overall enhance the handling. The car is used for street driving only. Anyone have experience with this package? Any recommendations based on experience would be appreciated. The car is an M6 with 373 gears. (Very fun for the street).

vortecd

Established Member
I have Eibach springs and shocks and it was a world of difference. Lowering springs will reduce body roll which ever one's you use

Puluke

Established Member
Hi vortecd

Can't but help notice searching this forum, that the Eibach lowering springs are the go to choice. Thinking it is because the Eibach springs drop the vehicle fractionally more. As you said, "Lowering springs will reduce body roll which ever one's you use". A tuning shop in my city installed this Steeda Pkg on their 2011 GT and competed very well in auto cross. Mind you, this was the first mod which they performed.

Thx for your sharing your experience.

F.D.Sako

Established Member
If you just want to minimize body roll, look into upgraded sway bars. Unless you want to overhaul the whole suspension (e.g. shocks, springs, control arms)

PC03GT

Established Member
You need sway bars buddy. I have a vortech 13 on ultralite springs, panhard bar, drop brackets, and upper and lower control arms. The car goes better straight than around a corner.

Last edited:

Kyle55

Established Member
For street i would go with ultralites, or bmr sp009. Then get some koni strts or tokico d specs if u can find them. Yellows are stiff. Then sway bars i would go with whittling since they have elastomer bushings. Wont be the best for the track but for street good option.

BlackMamba3

Established Member
-Kenny Brown Chassis Stiffening Matrix System
-Eibach or Steeda springs (make sure and get proper spring rates for your driving style)
-Koni Yellow's simply because they're adjustable.
-Eibach or Whiteline sway bars

TrickLittlePony

Established Member
I suggest you consider how low you can go for the streets you frequent. Don't turn minor speed bumps and driveway inclines into impassable obstacles.

Last edited:

'14 Shelby

Established Member
Sway bars are the better choice to achieve your goal imo. Lowering will help with handling, but not as much as a thinker sway. I did both and really love the ride/feel. Plus the 4x4 look with stock springs should be on your list of upgrades

CW1343

Established Member
Not to hijack this thread, but what about setting up the car a little more aggressively. I've been looking into Whiteline for lca's, relos, sway bars, etc. The only thing that concerns me is the fact that they don't seem to be as track oriented as some other brands. Any input, or suggestions?

stags

Established Member
I love my Steeda sports and koni yellows. The drop looks good but has an almost oem look and reduces rake. Highly recommend you talk to Sam strano about your wants and goals.

A few weeks ago went out on some twisties with a guy in my club who effectively has a leguna seca clone- was on his ass the whole time and could have gone faster but he knew where we were going and I didn't

jande063

Established Member
Hi

Considering installing Steeda Ultralight springs, panhard bar and lower control arms to reduce the body roll of a 2014 GT premium and overall enhance the handling. The car is used for street driving only. Anyone have experience with this package? Any recommendations based on experience would be appreciated. The car is an M6 with 373 gears. (Very fun for the street).

The control arms and the panhard bar will do nothing for body roll. Roll can be reduced by either increasing spring rate, sway bar rate, damping rate, or by lowering your roll center (which means watts link time). Shocks will do more than any of the aftermarket springs will because they are all still way too soft for the weight of this car. The shocks will provide significant resistance to suspension droop, and some extra resistance to compression. I am a fan of Koni Yellows as a street part.

Plus one on talking to Strano, he is my main vendor for parts on my ESP car, excellent customer service.

Last edited:

evanjp

Established Member
The boss suspension for me helped with that but it's still noticeable when going fast enough. I'm thinking of sway bars myself and possibly getting the ford racing t springs to go with the boss shocks and struts. Should look pretty sick.

Puluke

Established Member
Hey, thanks for jumping in.
The parts supplier/ tune shop I'm using knows I don't need a track car. They say the ultra lite steeda springs over my nearly new struts will suffice. Why the pan hard bar? To realign the rear axle after lowering. Why the lower control arms? To reduce wheel hop. It is very interesting reading your replies. For that I thank you all.
Puluke

Users who are viewing this thread