Redline Water Wetter

COBRyan

Puts Out For Mod Money
Put some Redline Water Wetter in my intercooler and radiator reservoir and my cars runs a little cooler than without it! My temp needle would usually be right in the middle of the gauge during normal operating temp. Now it is angled to the left side significantly! Would highly recommend this $6 mod to anyone who wants to run a little cooler and perhaps gain a few ponies on the dyno! I put the wetter in my car 2 weeks ago and have been watching the temp daily and it has been consistently cooler than before.

fakesnake.com

Established Member
Did you add 1 bottle only? Someone recommended removing all coolant from intercooler and using water wetter in it place. I haven't tried it but that would add up to a 4-5 + bottles and could be expensive.

IcebourgGT500

Established Member
I have had major trouble with water wetter!!! I have to use it in my race bike because WERA Roadracing does not allow Antifreeze in your bike during races. I thought it would be good for my car as well.......wrong!! The water wetter made a solid white paste inside the bikes motoe as well as the car. In the car it even gummed up the radiator (almost solid). I had to change the thermostat in the car because of all the build up. I am only giving my opinion on this matter from my past experience. If anything just change out your coolant more often.

Good luck!!

03DOHC

Established Member
Ford uses a few different kinds of coolant. You might want to do some research before putting any kind of additive in your coolant.

david smilovic

Established Member
I use it in the inter cooler 1 bottle and the rest water,runs great.Been selling it for years never heard a negative report before.Its a good product aint no miracle either.Dave S.

Users who are viewing this thread