Redline oil? Thoughts?

Blown10thCobra

Established Member
So planning ahead to the first oil change on the Shelby. We run Amsoil in everything we own, however Amsoil doesn't offer a 5w-50 and when I emailed them they made no indication of ever planning to. That being said, looking at Redline. Anyone have any experience using their product? Insight/opinions?

Zeroescence

Established Member
Many threads on this, All I can say is the Amsoil 10W-40 is what I'm and many others are running in the GT500's. Look up unleashedbeast threads. Wealth of information and I made my decision based on his and others research.

Side note: Redline is good. But Its not Amsoil.

Last edited:

KsE

Established Member
If you ain't driving it in the winter run the 15w50, that's what's in mine

10thsilversnk

Established Member
The 5W-50 is to thick of a weight of oil. Ford did this knowing it would shear to a 30 weight by the 5,000 miles. I run the 10W-40 and love it. I have two Shelby's and ran the Redline in one and Amsoil in the other. The Shelby with Amsoil had better throttle response, gas mileage (if you care), and ran smoother. This is just my experince with the different weights. Hope this helps? I'm also about to change one of them after a year and send the results off for testing with the 10W-40 in it.

Go-Fast

Established Member
I have always run 5W50 Red Line oil in my 08 Shelby, and will be using it also in the 2013 Shelby as well!!!

12013ShelbyGT500RedLineOil.jpg

brianz426

Established Member
Many threads on this, All I can say is the Amsoil 10W-40 is what I'm and many others are running in the GT500's. Look up unleashedbeast threads. Wealth of information and I made my decision based on his and others research.

Side note: Redline is good. But Its not Amsoil.

Amsoil has 2 different 10w-40 oils. Which one do you run? I'm usung part number AMOQT in my old cars because it has zinc in it. Would this be what you would use in the GT500?

Ray Lucca

Established Member
I have the 5/50 R.L. in my 09 now, and will change it in Sept. at the 1 year interval, which should be at about 3500 miles. Going to send it out for an oil analysis, and then send it to Troy. He has a great looking spread sheet he has compiled with most of the oils available.
I'm going to switch to the Amsoil 10/40 Amo in Sept. with a New Ford Racing Filter I have. Amsoil makes a great Oil Filter also, gotta see if it fits the '13.... Lots of info here, also check with the Unleashed Beast.....

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Just changed my oil to this on saturday, it seems to run alittle better and smoother on throttle transitions.

http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/amo.aspx

I also did my transmission fluid while it was on the lift. I used Amsoil ATF. It seems smoother.

The Amsoil Eao 11 will fit on the 2013.

good to know, Unleashed gave me a great guide that I plan to use for my car once I hit the 1K mile mark

Sparko

Established Member
I run Redline 5-40 in a Porsche Twin Turbo and plan on running 5-50 in my Shelby. Terrific product.

Users who are viewing this thread