Rediculous turbo questions

Randee of the Redwoods

Clueless. No...really.
Established Member
What's a general number of what I could expect for horsepower numbers maxed out on 93 octane? Should I end up with a turbo(unlikely due to prices, but you never know), I have no desire to be tuned for race gas as I don't use it, including at the track. I know turbos are CAPABLE of way more power as far as tuning goes, but I'm interested in what I can reliably make and always have available for use. Just curious.
Another question: what are you guys using to control your boost(wastegate controllers)? Electronic? Manual? Is this something special for these kits or can any wastegate controller be used such as the Apexi's? Are their any that have safeguard capabilities such as turning back boost when a too lean condition is detected?

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

I would say my personal preference would be not to run more than about 650-680 on 93. I have done it and my tune was very conservative, like 14 degrees of timing. if your tune supports it and you keep to boost conservative as well you should be fine.

electronic controller here. pretty much any boost controller will work. not sure of other safegaurds really. just have a safe tune and keep the boost down for 93. make sure you get quality gas(Amoco).

Smokey1226

Dirrty North
Established Member
Your my idol Turbo Vnm...... Making that kinda power on stock everything! Gives me hope when i man up and go turbo :D

TRBO VNM

Smokey1226 said:
Your my idol Turbo Vnm...... Making that kinda power on stock everything! Gives me hope when i man up and go turbo :D

dude, more has been made. thanks for the props though. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread