Red Supercharged (C5)Zo6 spanked my ass.

whyte_03

I got your HEMI hanging!!
Established Member
In the Bay Area California. On the 85 heading south on Saturday at about 6pm. I see this Zo6, I pull next to it and right away I notice the SUPERCHARGED emblem below the Zo6 emblem.. I say, well, I will get killed so I give it a shot anyways. On the 1st attempt we hit it but he actually went nowhere. I said OK, something was wrong there. So on the 2nd attempt I took him all the way down to 45 so I could hit a nasty 2nd because if he has good power maybe he wont put it to the ground right away and I could get a lil bit of a jump. Well, by the time I was thru 2nd and the initial part of 3rd this guy put like 2 cars on me right away. I was like, "Stick 2 forks in me"! Pretty bad ass car and definately the azz whippin of a life time and i knew it too. The car was red I did not get the greatest of looks on it but it did look like it had a cage in it, OH and a grip of pillar gauges. NICE CAR, and helza fast! I felt like a Honda civic after that run! :beer:

THAITED

Established Member
In the Bay Area California. On the 85 heading south on Saturday at about 6pm. I see this Zo6, I pull next to it and right away I notice the SUPERCHARGED emblem below the Zo6 emblem.. I say, well, I will get killed so I give it a shot anyways. On the 1st attempt we hit it but he actually went nowhere. I said OK, something was wrong there. So on the 2nd attempt I took him all the way down to 45 so I could hit a nasty 2nd because if he has good power maybe he wont put it to the ground right away and I could get a lil bit of a jump. Well, by the time I was thru 2nd and the initial part of 3rd this guy put like 2 cars on me right away. I was like, "Stick 2 forks in me"! Pretty bad ass car and definately the azz whippin of a life time and i knew it too. The car was red I did not get the greatest of looks on it but it did look like it had a cage in it, OH and a grip of pillar gauges. NICE CAR, and helza fast! I felt like a Honda civic after that run! :beer:

Good death man, didn't know you live in SJ, what color is your car.

whyte_03

Established Member
Work in mountain view, live in belmont. i am orig from s'vale. i was up here for recruiting (marines) but today is my last day and i head back to socal tomorrow.THANK GOD! my heart is the bay area but i love living in SoCal by far!!!

My car is white.. here is a run of me with the IRS.. 2 years ago with a crappy 2.2 60foot.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV7TJrVmyew"]YouTube - Chris Frye's cobra 12.3 qurter mile[/ame]

Last edited:

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
shoot im down here and i sometimes miss the bay.
cant complain about socal weather though!

8 more months till eas!

THAITED

Established Member
Bay area is colder therefore your car has more power, jkd..... I like it here but once in a while I gotta get away and head south to meet my friend and have fun.

whyte_03

Established Member
my car did run faster at sonoma than it did fontana.. but then again i have a solid vs the IRS as Fontana. And yes its LOTS cooler here than SoCal for weather that is!

16kOrBust

Established Member
That's a respectable death! I also ran my buddy yesterday in his blown red C5 Z06. D1 with meth, cam, head work, the works except for a VERY rich tune. Put down 650 to the wheels. He put 3-4 cars on me in fourth gear alone - he started in fourth and I started in third at about 60. He spun a bit while I was in third, then by the time I hit fourth he caught traction and hit his powerband. It was ugly obviously but I just wanted to see him take off. :D

Once he gets it tuned and puts some tires on it, should be trapping high 130s without issue, possibly faster.

THAITED

Established Member
That's a respectable death! I also ran my buddy yesterday in his blown red C5 Z06. D1 with meth, cam, head work, the works except for a VERY rich tune. Put down 650 to the wheels. He put 3-4 cars on me in fourth gear alone - he started in fourth and I started in third at about 60. He spun a bit while I was in third, then by the time I hit fourth he caught traction and hit his powerband. It was ugly obviously but I just wanted to see him take off. :D

Once he gets it tuned and puts some tires on it, should be trapping high 130s without issue, possibly faster.

Spun in Forth, dang that thing rocks.................:beer:

16kOrBust

Established Member
Spun in Forth, dang that thing rocks.................:beer:

Yeah, 650rwhp in a 3,150 pound car on stock street tires will do that. :banana: For lack of a better word, this thing will be pretty retarded when he gets some good tires on there, especially considering it drives as close to stock as any modified car I've ever seen. I couldn't believe it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread