Red Powder Coated Valve Covers by blkGT500nCA (lots of pics)

DocHolliday

I'm your huckleberry
Established Member
Here are my new valve covers. They were powder coated by Brian Pancoast (blkGT500nCA) at The Powder House. After reading several posts about the great work Brian provides I decided to check it out for myself. His work is every bit as good as everyone raves. I received them Monday and put them on the car Saturday. It works out really well that he has parts that can be coated and shipped, for a core charge, to avoid any downtime. Now I just have to get my stock valve covers back to him. He used a gloss red powder coat and powder clear coat to match my Torch Red Shelby. The color is very close to the color of my car. I wish his communication was a little better, but aside from that I am entirely pleased with the purchasing experience and his work. I will certainly be using him for future powder coating.

The coil covers are the original Ford Racing billet aluminum version (M-6067-A). I found them at Tasca Ford for a great price. I did not want the newer cast aluminum version (M-6067-D).

Here is Brian’s contact information for anyone that needs it…
Brian Pancoast
The Powder House
[email protected]
(707) 834-5497
bpowderhouse.com

More pics can been seen here…
Valve Covers And Ford Racing Coil Covers Photos by Shelby-GT500 | Photobucket

IMG_9995_zpscfe4a741.jpg

IMG_0002_zps1046d7e1.jpg

IMG_0003_zps3af70db6.jpg

IMG_0004_zps7b5c27b4.jpg

IMG_0005_zps30ee3a2c.jpg

IMG_0014_zps28fde7a0.jpg

IMG_0015_zpsf15bf454.jpg

IMG_0023_zps1860dedf.jpg

IMG_0028_zps8ac8c544.jpg

IMG_0054_zps3c53fed1.jpg

IMG_0056_zps5c431b6f.jpg

IMG_0057_zpsdb604622.jpg

IMG_0059_zps05c27de9.jpg

IMG_0064_zpsbeacadb1.jpg

IMAG0864_zps47387f52.jpg

Red-GT500

Needs More Torque!
Established Member
Very Sexy, I've been wanting to do this for a long time but finding the time to pull apart the driver side has been the hold up.

DocHolliday

I'm your huckleberry
Established Member
It really wasn't too bad. With the help of a couple of friends it was the better part of Saturday. Probably 8-10 hours, start to finish. I some-what followed a write up on fordgt500. I unbolted the brake booster from the firewall and pushed it out of the way.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Very nice, looks great on a RED car..
What color red did you use ? ( paint code )

Last edited:

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
I......Hate.....You........

Bloody O man!!! Just when I thought ...ok just a nav system and Roxy is done.....but noooooooo you have to come here touting your great valve cover work....with your fancy smancy Ford logo covers......

GAHHHH!!!!! Have you not looked at my car ??? I have a red one. That mod would look so pimp with what I am trying to do now....wow.....I just need to stop coming to the forums and clicking on links like these.

Looks good man. But I guess you know that :p Wow.......I guess I need to call that number...

DocHolliday

I'm your huckleberry
Established Member
Thanks everyone!

Why are your struts so off center? looks good by the way.

My car is lowered and has the J&M Camber plates. That's how far we pushed the struts over to bring the camber back to a streetable range.

Just curious how much was the total cost once you return your core?

Powder Coating = $180 for color and clear
Shipping to Texas = $32
Core = $375 (replacement cost of valve covers is I fail to return mine, refunded when he gets mine back)

Other related costs = ~$100 (New OEM valve cover gaskets, OEM spark plug tube grommets, permatex, emblem adhesive, brake kleen, etc)

Ford Racing Coil Covers = $280

Busted knuckles, scraped up arms, good times with friends = $PRICELESS :pepper:

What color red did you use ? ( paint code )

It is powder coat. You might be able to contact Brian Pancoast and get the exact color, but I would be surprised if he would give away his secrets. The paint code for my car is D3 (Torch Red).

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
How fun was the install?

I'm going to get him to hydrocarbon me a set for this winter

Maybe cams while they are off?!?

DocHolliday

I'm your huckleberry
Established Member
How fun was the install?

I'm going to get him to hydrocarbon me a set for this winter

Maybe cams while they are off?!?

The shops that I know of, around here, drop the motor out of the car for a cam swap. It makes the entire project easier, especially when it comes to degreeing the cams.

The install really wasn't bad. The passenger side cover was off in less than an hour, working by myself. The driver side would be really difficult working alone. I had two friends helping. You have to remove the strut tower brace, intake tube, throttle body, elbow, unbolt the power steering resorvoir, diconnect all of the electrical connects, pull the pin from the brake pedal and unbolted the brake booster from the firewall, unbolt the AC dryer from the fender, and then play a big game of tetris to get everything in exactly the right position for the cover to come off. I also spent a lot of time cleaning the parts and bolts while they were off.

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
Very nice, been trying to get a hold of him for my coil covers but no responses yet...looks awesome though

DocHolliday

I'm your huckleberry
Established Member
Very nice, been trying to get a hold of him for my coil covers but no responses yet...looks awesome though

They will respond, either Brian or his wife Sara. Sometimes it takes a couple of days. Try emailing them again or calling them. From what I understand they are in a rural area and are having trouble with their internet service, so maybe calling is better. Good luck.

brian98svtsnake

Established Member
Very nice, now you need a red TVS to match lol. As for his communication, he just emailed me that he's having problems with his internet so a phone call is the best way to get him. I just had my tvs and coil covers done and I'm sending him some other stuff now. I wish he lived in NJ, shipping stinks to CA. Maybe he'll move here for better internet service lol.

DocHolliday

I'm your huckleberry
Established Member
Ok everyone, I need some opinions about powder coating the strut tower brace. I have a Ford Racing one sitting in my garage. I'm trying to decide between powder coating the stock one or Ford Racing one, red with white stripes. The stock one is a little more subtle and probably sufficient performance wise. But, would the Ford Racing one look better, or would it be too much? I don’t want to distract too much from the valve covers.

The Ford Racing one does not clear my C&L intake, the smaller support tube hits the intake tube. I could notch the tube on the strut tower brace, weld in a steel plate to patch the hole and grind it smooth. After powder coating it would look like it came that way. Is it worth all of the trouble and effort? What are your thoughts?

FordRacingStrutTowerBrace_zpsafb8aebb.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread