Red Machine Glaze question??/

cobravenom39

Ballz to the wallz
Established Member
Does this product have any sealing/protective qualities. I'm thinking about putting a sealant over it and then carnuba??? What sealant should I use if I want to go that route???

Thanks

Scott P

Established Member
RMG does not have any protective qualities. You could top it with any carnauba (non cleaner wax) or a sealant such as Poorboy's EX, EX-P, Four Star UPP, Wolfgang Sealant, etc. I think the only two you'd have isues with are Klasse and Zaino since they need clean surfaces to bond properly.

Since your car is red, I'd go with EX for a sealant or Natty Wax, Carnauba Moose Wax or Pinnacle Souveran as a topper. S100 or P21S would work as well.

cobravenom39

Ballz to the wallz
Established Member
spree said:
RMG + EX + Souveran would look pimp

I have EX, but isn't it contain Carnuba. Can it be a sealant if it contains a wax???

This is ridiculous. I just want the best shine/protection. Thanks for all your help guys

spree

Established Member
cobravenom39 said:
I have EX, but isn't it contain Carnuba. Can it be a sealant if it contains a wax???

This is ridiculous. I just want the best shine/protection. Thanks for all your help guys

Yes, it does contain Carnauba. They still call it a sealant though. Maybe Scott will chime with why that is...

If you want the best protection, stay away from Souveran. It doesn't last long. It will give you the best shine though. CMW would give you a healthy blend of shine and durability.

spree

Established Member
Sure, why not. Although I personally like to get a solid carnauba paste wax in there too...so I'd do either EX or CMW followed by something like Souveran or S100 or P21-S or Natty's or Meg's #16

My old combo used to be SSR + VM + CMW + S100...

Users who are viewing this thread