Red Mach goes home on Flatbed-Fontana

MACHSELF

Established Member
Who had the Red Mach 1 that went home on a flatbed tow truck last Saturday at California Speedway???? What happened?

JeromeMach1

Established Member
Did the red Mach have a saleen body kit on it?

I am impressed with your hp and tq numbers. Do you have any other mods besides what you have listed?

I am going to be getting some LT headers. Are you happy with the BBKs? I was considering BBK or SLP.

Thanks,
Jerome

MACHSELF

Established Member
JeromeMach1 said:
Did the red Mach have a saleen body kit on it?

I am impressed with your hp and tq numbers. Do you have any other mods besides what you have listed?

I am going to be getting some LT headers. Are you happy with the BBKs? I was considering BBK or SLP.

Thanks,
Jerome
I think that's all my mods.....LT's are off my car currently-It has to go to the dealer!!! LOL.. I also took off my BBK 62MM t/b, and removed my tune....LOL.... It saw good #'s with all the goodies and on 91 fuel.
The red Mach 1 did NOT have the Saleen kit. It was a stock body. My gut feeling is that he ran NOS and blew up his motor!! That would be my guess. I saw him run 12.4's at 116mph....So I'm just putting 2 and 2 together.

Last edited:

JeromeMach1

Established Member
Then I am quite impressed. Especially with your TQ numbers. What are your timing and A/F set at? What kind of plugs are you using? Gap?

I know someone who races at Fontana. He has a red Mach1 with a saleen body kit. He also runs a 150 shot.

Jerome

MACHSELF

Established Member
JeromeMach1 said:
Then I am quite impressed. Especially with your TQ numbers. What are your timing and A/F set at? What kind of plugs are you using? Gap?

I know someone who races at Fontana. He has a red Mach1 with a saleen body kit. He also runs a 150 shot.

Jerome
I've seen that guy there too. It wasn't him... Some "stock" bodied red one...

284T76

Established Member
MACHSELF said:
He was on the sauce!! Now he's broke...

Does anyone know him , Id like to know what happened, maybe he was running to much timing or maybe ran on cheap gas.
If you over rev the car or miss a gear on the sauce you could definately break those cheap ass rods.
Im curious b/c I want to build a Nitrous set up on my Mach, on my brothers car we're going with a Procharger, and on the Azure Blue Mach Id like to go with a Kenne Bell 2.2 since that car is automatic.
150 Shot is a little aggressive being a wet kit. If you run a Dry Kit 100 to 125hp you'll be very safe.

Pete.

Users who are viewing this thread