Red brake calipers on Zinc Yellow?

Will Red brake Calipers look bad with Yellow?

• Red Calipers will look fine.

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • Nooo!! Dont do red

Votes: 20 64.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sny714

Established Member
My right rear caliper freezes once in awhile so Im looking to replace it. Ive been thinking of doing the 10th anni Red calipers all around, since buyfordracing.com has it for a good price at $379 for all four with pads.

Buy Ford Racing Parts!

Also, Im going to be doing my front brakes soon so this will sort of fit in with that. My worry is will the Red calipers not look right with Zinc Yellow? Right now im 50/50 but the black painted calipers are a lot more money. Are you guys just going to suggest replacing the bad one and painting the stock ones black?

Here's the car

IMG_0570.jpg

Last edited:

01yellercobra

Established Member
You can always look into silver. I thought about doing that with mine. But currently my calipers are black on my zinc yellow car.

Predatorbird

Established Member
I don't think the red anniv calipers would look too bad. Black would probably look the best, but no one will notice them through your black wheels.

Sny714

Established Member
I just felt like the Red calipers will "pop" more being seen through the black wheels. Thanks for all the replies guys.

kxt

atomic number 30
Established Member
silver with black brackets for the win. yellow or red = fail.

Sny714

Established Member
Yellow and Red makes me think of Hulk Hogan from the 80s.... :shrug:

Yea I wasnt 100% on the idea. Thats why I was asking. I do like the red calipers but black or silver cars would look better. Im pretty sure im not going to do it and I'll just replace my 1 caliper and paint the rest black. Anyone know of a place that sells something to cover the "cobra" logo on the fronts while I paint them? I read that some guy used chapstick to mask the "cobra" and it peeled off right after. American Muscle sells the caliper paint that is applied with a brush, maybe I'll just use that and go around the logo.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Yea I wasnt 100% on the idea. Thats why I was asking. I do like the red calipers but black or silver cars would look better. Im pretty sure im not going to do it and I'll just replace my 1 caliper and paint the rest black. Anyone know of a place that sells something to cover the "cobra" logo on the fronts while I paint them? I read that some guy used chapstick to mask the "cobra" and it peeled off right after. American Muscle sells the caliper paint that is applied with a brush, maybe I'll just use that and go around the logo.

I painted over the letters on mine and then put some paint thinner on a rag and wiped them off.

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
Sny, when I painted my calipers I hit the letters with several coats of white paint and let it cure. I then covered the letters with chapstick and painted the calipers black. After the paint dries, it will wipe off of the letters with a dry rag/cloth. I don't have any pics, but it worked like a charm.

M.P. Cobra Fan

Are you my baby's momma?
Established Member
I just painted mine and then used light sand paper to remove the paint. It also cleaned the letters up good. Chapstick works good to though. I have done that in the past.

jareds99slobra

Established Member
IMG_0570.jpg

i just painted um red in paint. no photo shop. itll give u an idea of what red calipers would look like. o and i also made u some cobra r center caps to help the red theme. lol

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread