Recommended cam(03 cobra)

NASTY SVT

Established Member
i was looking to purchase a cam for my cobra but im not sure which one to go with. Its my daily so i want something that can still be driven on a daily basis nothing to crazy.

Wondering what cam some of you guys are running
Thanks

gabe1530

Banned
what mods do you currently have to your cobra? with a TS your looking at gains of 30hp & 40tq depending on how much boost and the aggressiveness of tune. do a search and youll find more than enough info.

i think cams are awesome but the cost outweighs the amount of power youll get out of them compared to so many other mods. ie: cost of the 4 cams, installation, and tuning = around 2-3 grand.

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
Everyone here in the know say stick with the stock cams unless you're doing a ton of engine mods. It's said we have pretty damn good cams stock.

GodStang

Established Member
i was looking to purchase a cam for my cobra but im not sure which one to go with. Its my daily so i want something that can still be driven on a daily basis nothing to crazy.

Wondering what cam some of you guys are running
Thanks

Whats your set up? What do you want from them? Whats your budget. If you are on the cheap the best factory ones are 96-98 Cobra cams. If you want power then Custom, Comp III, Crower III in that order. Also look at about $3K install.

NASTY SVT

Established Member
mods are: ported steggy blower, accufab tb, aftermarket plenum, afco h/e, borla exhaust with kooks L/t Headers, 2.76 upper pulley

GodStang

Established Member
mods are: ported steggy blower, accufab tb, aftermarket plenum, afco h/e, borla exhaust with kooks L/t Headers, 2.76 upper pulley

With a stage III comp cams you are looking at about 25-30rwhp for about $3K. They are pretty choppy but very drivable. You can do 96-98 Cobra cams for a bit less but power would also be a good bit less.

BlackBeastSvt

Established Member
I have some comp stage 3 cams, springs and retainers.....new in the box, selling the car and now selling all my parts that I've bought over the last 2 years. If you're interested pm me an offer. I have a 2.3 whipple, ford gt dual pumps, 60lb inj, zone 5 stage 2 fpdm, sct 2600maf, sct xcal3 with ATS tune for the above set up, etc...all new never installed

Last edited:

GodStang

Established Member
so stage 3 comp cams??
Is there any other company that makes a good set of cams?
Thanks

There are Crower and Comp then then best thing to do is get custom cams for your setup which would give you the best results. There are all the different Ford cams. A few guys with twin screws and tons of turbo guys run the 96-98 cams. Of the Ford factory cams they are the best right now.

NASTY SVT

Established Member
There are Crower and Comp then then best thing to do is get custom cams for your setup which would give you the best results. There are all the different Ford cams. A few guys with twin screws and tons of turbo guys run the 96-98 cams. Of the Ford factory cams they are the best right now.

What company would you say makes the best custom cam?

BlackBeastSvt

Established Member
There's no need for a custom grind if you're staying relatively moderate with your set up. If you're looking to add some serious hp and looking to build a stout engine then I would definately look into a custom grind!

Bruha

Thats what I thought
Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread