Recommendations

Nickgonzo6!

Established Member
Hello,

I own a 2003 Ford Mustang Cobra and I finally made the decision to make upgrades to the vehicle. When I purchased the vehicle, the previous owner only did H&R lowering springs, JLT intake and welded flow masters.

I purchased Bassani cat back 3 Inch and ARH 1. 7/8 headers and looking to make upgrades with the vehicle. I want to keep the stock blower on it. I casually drive the vehicle but every now and then I do a pull. I am looking for any recommendations to what set up I should do if I want to make any more power and modifications to supporting mods.

Thank you.

Bullitt1448

Established Member
The sky is the limit. Well, usually it is the budget that is the limit.. it all depends on how much power you want to make and how much you want to spend. What are your expectations?

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
If you wanna keep the car daily and fun to drive do the mods that get you around 500 to the wheel and enjoy it. Port polish the throttle body and supercharger. Steig still do that? Get a good pully combo like 17lbs of boost which is around a 2.8 upper and 4lb lower. Got the JLT..check. Do you injectors to match, think I had 60lbs.....fuel pumps.....good tune. I've been out the Terminator game for a while but that's the route I took.

Saleen498

Established Member
Head cooling mod #1
FTBR kit in the IRS
XTS brake kit with gt500 rotors.

The car will feel much better as a road car before you start really increasing power and these are not crazy expensive mods

Nickgonzo6!

Established Member
If you wanna keep the car daily and fun to drive do the mods that get you around 500 to the wheel and enjoy it. Port polish the throttle body and supercharger. Steig still do that? Get a good pully combo like 17lbs of boost which is around a 2.8 upper and 4lb lower. Got the JLT..check. Do you injectors to match, think I had 60lbs.....fuel pumps.....good tune. I've been out the Terminator game for a while but that's the route I took.
Yea Steig still ports the blowers. Should I upgrade to a 5 piece idler kit, double bearing and snub or just do the upper and lower?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Good advice here. This setup will net 510-520rwhp or so, depending on the tune. And not a budget killer.

Head cooling mod #1
FTBR kit in the IRS
XTS brake kit with gt500 rotors.

The car will feel much better as a road car before you start really increasing power and these are not crazy expensive mods
Also good advice, especially the brake upgrade. With a 100whp increase, you want better stopping power.

Yea Steig still ports the blowers. Should I upgrade to a 5 piece idler kit, double bearing and snub or just do the upper and lower?
Nick, definitely do a 5-piece idler kit. The factory idlers are stamped steel and prone to exploding as they spin at higher RPMs, and you want the additional idler to help eliminate belt slip. Double-bearing are recommended, but not absolutely necessary.

Nickgonzo6!

Established Member
Good advice here. This setup will net 510-520rwhp or so, depending on the tune. And not a budget killer.

Also good advice, especially the brake upgrade. With a 100whp increase, you want better stopping power.

Nick, definitely do a 5-piece idler kit. The factory idlers are stamped steel and prone to exploding as they spin at higher RPMs, and you want the additional idler to help eliminate belt slip. Double-bearing are recommended, but not absolutely necessary.
Thank you will do!

Nickgonzo6!

Established Member

When you had your cobra, what was your set up?

blwn89gt

Established Member
When I first started modding my 03 I had a stock blower ported by stegmier, 60lb injectors, pprv delete, head cooling mod, intake, 2.76 pulley, all the idlers done, bbk LTs, x pipe, switched between SLP LM1, Mac then borla stingers. I made 520 and the car was incredibly fun. Then a few years later I went to a whipple, full return fuel system, cams and the list goes on. I love my car still, but back then it was much more simpler.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

01yellercobra

Established Member
JMO, but if you're serious about sticking with the eaton sell that exhaust set up and go with something smaller. You don't need anything that size for a stock blower. Plus the smaller headers and catback will be easier to install.

But then even with a ported blower you can get away with stock manifolds. Unless you want the sound the headers bring out. Friend of mine made 470 with a 2.8 upper, JLT high boost (yuck), off road mid pipe, and Magnaflow catback. I ran a similar combo, but never took it to the dyno. As mentioned it was a fun set up.

I'm surprised no one mentioned subframe connectors. Unless you already have them and I missed it. I do recommend jacking rails just to make life easier.

Users who are viewing this thread