Recommendation: Full Tilt Boogie light weight rotors

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
I've been meaning to post this for a week or so. I ran the Trans Am series race at VIR weekend before last. It was my first chance this season to race at a track I've been to before.

I was determined to put in a full effort. One of our issues is that we are a good 30hp down to the front cars and our only chance to close the gap was weight reduction.

Part of that program was moving to Full Tilt's qualifying rotors. Bruce can tell you about them in greater detail than what I can, but what I can offer is that we ran a 100 mile race with one short caution period on these light weight front rotors and they performed marvelously.

I am really impressed.

My race videos are posted here. You can see at the end of the race how quickly I was catching the 2nd place car. The main reason was that I still had tires and brakes left at the end and part of that were these new rotors.

I am a fan. Don't be afraid to give them a try even though they are called qualifying rotors.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
what sizes do they come in?

We offer many replacement rotor rings for various manufacturers including but not limited to Brembo, Wilwood, Baer, Performance Friction, Roush, Stop-Tech, KVR, DBA, etc, etc, etc. Only the Brembos are listed on our site so inquire to:

[email protected]

if you'd like a price on a rotor rings you don't see listed on our site.

The new lightweight Full Tilt Boogie Racing replacement rotor rings Rob is talking about and currently runs on his car, are the lightweight replacement Brembos we are offering. Brembo makes two different rotor weights in their 14" or 355mm x 32mm version. The heavier 72 vane we unfortunately do not have a weight on but they run in the $1k a pair range to purchase them. Yes, that is unfortunately just for the pair of rings. :( But we do have a weight on the 48 vane Brembo rotor ring. It's 16.0# per ring:

brembowt.jpg

We have a ligher weight version:

14%20inch%20floating%20Brembo%20replacement%20LW%20001.jpg

Which is the rotor that Rob is talking about. It's the FT 9400 LW found on this page:

Mustang Cobra SN-95 Brake Parts

I run these on both of my SN-95 cars which are fairly light.

We also have a heavier version which Rob has also run and I currently run on my 2012 Boss 302S. It's the FT 9400 found on the link above:

14%20inch%20Brembo%20replacement%20ring%20weight.jpg

You should easily see the difference in the air gaps on these two rotor rings. The lightweight rotor ring has a .625" air gap and the heavy duty rotor ring has a .525" air gap. This gives the heavy duty rotor ring significantly more mass.

Before I switched to the 14" Brembo Gran Turismo brake kit on my 2000 R, I ran floating 13" Brembo rotors on my car. This is also something we can do as well.

We have made all sorts of custom rotors for our track dawg pals. We've yet to find a rotor we cannot duplicate. :-D

Let me know if you have any questions regarding replacement rotors and I will be glad to answer them.

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

Users who are viewing this thread