Recommend things to do in Dallas area

Phil'scobra

Established Member
I am going to be spending a long weekend in the Dallas Arlington area picking up a truck Aug 11-14. What would you recommend to a NC person to do?

I see Six Flags, Cowboys stadium close by and if the Rangers are playing I may take in a game.

I don't have a place to stay yet, so any ideas on that would help also.

Any local eating joints I just have to try? Not really into night clubs anymore.

Thanks

bluebosss197

im did asbestos i can
Established Member
Papadeaux is a great place. Also, if you are willing to go into Dallas proper, check out Campisi's in The Egyptian Room off of Mockingbird Ln. Neat old school Italian place by SMU.

4a7191a

Established Member
Cowboys stadium tour will burn half a day and gas monkey bar and grill. Awesome burgers. Lol
Not a fan of papadeaux really. But I live in Southeast Texas.... We are spoiled on Cajun food.
If you do go there order the jumbo. It's not on the menu. It's a really large gumbo and you'd have leftovers for the hotel.

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
Pappadeauxs? ....scratch that. While not a bad restaurant, there are quite a few other joints that are unique to Dallas and not the entire state of Texas.

I know you're from NC and you'll say that your local BBQ is the best...yada yada....well, hit up Mike Anderson's BBQ in Dallas for lunch. It is great.

If you're up for a very authentic, upscale Japanese joint. Tei-An. Still at the top of my list of best places I've eaten. The Chef's special is fantastic.

I'd take in the Deep Ellum brewery and peruse the area. It's pretty eclectic, and a good time during the day. At night, it's an interesting crowd, for sure.

Klyde Warren Park in downtown Dallas is pretty cool, and it's right next to the Museum of Natural Science, Victory Park (where the Mavericks/Stars play) and Uptown (lots of attractive people).

o2gt

Established Member
If you like steak I would head to Pappas steak house. Cowboys stadium is very cool. Tickets should be cheap for a baseball game. You could go over to the book depository. My wife likes the art museums if your into that.

Users who are viewing this thread