Recommend oil for my setup?

blownfox

Established Member
It’s that time of year for changing my engine oil but I also wanted to change my rear end and transmission oil. Car might see 5 passes this year and 2-3000 miles in Kansas weather (50-100+ degree for temperature here). Here is my setup:

Engine
347 stroker (9:5:1 compression)
170 TW heads
Small cam
S-trim 7 psi

Transmission
T-56 (how many qtrs. 3??I can’t remember)

Rean End
31 spline
3:55 gears

SDBs13GT500

Established Member
Here is a potential option for you to use in your car. AMSOIL products. There are quite a few of different options of AMSOIL products. I just selected some that I thought might work the best for you based on your situation.

Engine Oil: Dominator 10W-30 Racing Oil: AMSOIL DOMINATOR® 10W-30 Racing Oil

Transmission Fluid: Manual Transmission and Transaxle Gear Lube 75W-90: http://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-produ...and-transaxle-gear-lube-75w-90/?code=MTGQT-EA

Rear end Gear: Severe Gear 75W-110: AMSOIL Severe Gear® 75W-110

Last edited:

cobraboss

Established Member
RD30 - oil
ATF - trans
75-90 rear

That's my sugestion and it being Amsoil.

SDBs13GT500

Established Member
supertech full synthetic hydrocracked badass oil at walmart is about 15 dollars for 5 quarts, beats the hell out of that shitty amsoil

I am sure Beast will chime in but you might want to do some more research on Hydro-cracked Oil. Yes, Supertech is a Group III but Amsoil products are considered Group IV (Lammond Terms: Higher Category = Better Quality). Hydrocracked oils are derived from a Petroleum base stock where Synthetic Oils are Man Made through Chemical processes. Hydro-cracking just as a step in the refinement process of Crude Oil. In the end you pay for what you get.

Technilube.com - All Synthetics are NOT Created Equal

blownfox

Established Member
Thanks for all the replies. Whats the big difference between the OE and dominator series?

In the past I've been using mobile 1 for the engine and RP rear end and transmission. Just thought I would try something different this time.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
It’s that time of year for changing my engine oil but I also wanted to change my rear end and transmission oil. Car might see 5 passes this year and 2-3000 miles in Kansas weather (50-100+ degree for temperature here). Here is my setup:

Engine
170 TW heads
Small cam
S-trim 7 psi

Transmission

Rean End
31 spline

Engine

Amsoil Dominator 10W-30 (RD30)

With what little miles you drive it in a year, you can likely run Dominator all year, changing it only once. If you store the car during the winter, change the oil the day of storage.

Transmission

Amsoil ATF - 1 gallon

Rear Differential

Amsoil Severe Gear 75W-90

Buy 25% off retail - Preferred Customer

Last edited:

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Thanks for all the replies. Whats the big difference between the OE and dominator series?

In the past I've been using mobile 1 for the engine and RP rear end and transmission. Just thought I would try something different this time.

OE is Amsoil's cheaper hydrocracked petroleum formulations. There is no comparison between it and Dominator.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member

Engine
170 TW heads
Small cam
S-trim 7 psi

Transmission

Rean End
31 spline

If that was mine I would run the following:

Engine: Royal Purple HPS 10W-30 (part #31130, quarts bottle)
(for a drag only bracket car a high film strength 20 weight will be optimal, more consistency between rounds and more power; Royal Purple XPR 5W-20 (part #01011, quart bottle) or Royal Purple HPS 5W-20 (part #31520, quart bottle)

Oil filter: Royal Purple (part #30-8A)

Manual Trans: Royal Purple Synchromax (part #01512, quart bottle)
(T56 6 speed)

Rear Diff: Royal Purple Max Gear 75W-90 (part #01300, quart bottle)

SVTDice

Established Member
purple is for girls:bored:

I normally don't call people out, However I've seen you post in multiple threads spewing the same bullshit about Supertech and bashing other brands. I'll make this simple for you.

Its not helpful.
Its not useful.
Its not backed by any research or proof.
Its not backed by any UOA's or VOA's, PDF's, Personal experiences, Etc.

So quit while you're ahead, your trolling is useless at best. So if you don't have anything constructive to post to help OP, Don't post anything at all.

fastashell

Banned
I normally don't call people out, However I've seen you post in multiple threads spewing the same bullshit about Supertech and bashing other brands. I'll make this simple for you.

Its not helpful.
Its not useful.
Its not backed by any research or proof.
Its not backed by any UOA's or VOA's, PDF's, Personal experiences, Etc.

So quit while you're ahead, your trolling is useless at best. So if you don't have anything constructive to post to help OP, Don't post anything at all.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread