recommend me a watch

white99stang

Established Member
citizen eco. You can say go onto Kay website and look at their selection. I like the minimalist look too. Have a few citizens and some movado's and such. Like my citizens, especially the military ones. a od green cloth band with all black plain face.

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
citizen eco. You can say go onto Kay website and look at their selection. I like the minimalist look too. Have a few citizens and some movado's and such. Like my citizens, especially the military ones. a od green cloth band with all black plain face.

i do like citizens. thats what my dad wears. id prob go with something like this: http://m.princetonwatches.com/controller?R=AU1065-58E

I'm still leaning in the direction of the movado I posted though. Its pretty much the exact look that Im going for and Ive always had a thing for movados. even if i buy the movado I'll probably buy something different in 6 months to a year.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I have had a few fossils and they were all great for me. I even have a black one. My current watch I just got for Christmas is a G-shock. My wife got it for me as I was looking for something that would weather a significant amount of abuse while i am doing different projects. It is way lighter too which is nice since it isn't metal.

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
I have a Timex, and a Shinola. The Shinola just because it had an Orange face. Both work, both seem reasonably accurate, the Timex is for daily wear as it is cheap and I kill watches.

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
It's a "deal of the day," so I don't know if the link will still work by the time you read this:

http://www.zulutimezone.com/Hercules-Tungsten-Charcoal-Dial-48mm-Automatic_p_2215.html#axzz2zyousKlw

Pics:

ad725ak-2l.jpg

AD725AK-2.jpg

AD726AK-3.jpg

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
JOIN WATCHUSEEK. DO IT NOW

This.

Then ask yourself if you want an inexpensive quartz watch or one with an automatic movement. Personally, I prefer the Swiss automatic movements, but if you go that route, get educated on them. If those movements aren't made in-house, generally ETA and Sellita are the big players, so it's worth knowing who uses what rather than paying too much just for a brand name. I'm happy to spend $1,000+ on a watch knowing it will essentially last forever (currently have two), rather than buy a cheap watch every few years.

Then again, if you want a decent black watch that will take a beating, try a Casio G-Shock! There is even a section dedicated to them over at WUS.

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
This.

Then ask yourself if you want an inexpensive quartz watch or one with an automatic movement. Personally, I prefer the Swiss automatic movements, but if you go that route, get educated on them. If those movements aren't made in-house, generally ETA and Sellita are the big players, so it's worth knowing who uses what rather than paying too much just for a brand name. I'm happy to spend $1,000+ on a watch knowing it will essentially last forever (currently have two), rather than buy a cheap watch every few years.

Then again, if you want a decent black watch that will take a beating, try a Casio G-Shock! There is even a section dedicated to them over at WUS.

im going to join on there, im slowly creeping into the watch scene so i definitely want to start learning my ass from my elbow when it comes to watches

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
Invicta watches=Garbage.

Not always the case. They had a nice line of Swiss-made watches a few years ago that were top-notch. Many of the were COSC certified, and they really had some quality components and good movements (Sellita and ETA). Unfortunately, they were probably too expensive to produce for what they were charging, and most went away after a short run. That being said, they do make a lot of products that are on par with a mediocre Timex, but the aforementioned Swiss watches are plenty sought after.

Formula51

Established Member
Get a Concord and be done with it. Look around and you should be able to find a used one like this:

http://irhomdeys.blogspot.com/2010/01/authentic-vintage-concord-mariner-sg.html

I wear a stainless steel Concord Mariner every day, including camping, fishing, etc. It is incredibly tough and does not have so much as a scratch in the face/crystal. I also get compliments on it all the time for people at work for its simplicity and elegance. It is truly the best of both worlds. Look for a great clearance sale (how I got mine) or buy used as they are expensive. Concord used to (not sure if they still do) make a special watch for the President every year, so it has a little status too and is not as known as Tag and Rolex.

Lemmiwinks

Established Member
I've had one of these for 13 years, now. Built like a tank, under $300.00, and the simplest display that still includes day & date. It can be repaired more times than I can count, and if you lose it, you won't cry like you will if you just lost your Tag/Huer. And they're self-winding mechanical movements.

Seriously, these things are tough, my watch gets a beating every day and it is still going. I can't count how many times I have broken the crystal (I'm built like a gorilla and a major klutz.). My watch repair guy puts a new one in, tests it, and it's still as waterproof as ever.

http://www.amazon.com/Seiko-SKX007K2-Divers-Automatic-Watch/dp/B000B5OD4I

This ^^
Seiko is great! Have one myself as a beat-to-shit watch when not wearing the other one ans it's superb!
Will not give up on you and looks really good!

A pretty much all black SKX.
http://www.amazon.com/Seiko-SKX007K...s_watch_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=0A4SNBJFTXY5C470ZTRH
If you want to light all of New York at night with a legendary lume
http://www.amazon.com/Seiko-SRP311-...&qid=1398771140&sr=1-5&keywords=seiko+monster

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread