Recommend good spark plug?

mrmustangman357

Established Member
Checked on the search but couldn't find anything. Im thinking of changing out my (I think) 94K stock spark plugs for another set. Does anyone have recommendations or ones to avoid? I checked the Vatozone and they have an inexpensive motorcraft platinum plug, does anyone have any thoughts or things to look for? I don't log many miles on the car (probably 5000 miles/year) and it is just a stock 99 cobra except for intake, exhaust, and a tune, so no power adder. Any recommendations?

mrmustangman357

Established Member
my bad, sorry to clutter up. I just read the faq. NGK TR55 is a copper plug? What advantages does this have over the motorcraft plug? And why does the motorcraft copper plug have more performance than a platinum plug, according to the faq?

freakinout

Established Member
my bad, sorry to clutter up. I just read the faq. NGK TR55 is a copper plug? What advantages does this have over the motorcraft plug? And why does the motorcraft copper plug have more performance than a platinum plug, according to the faq?

Copper plugs have less resistance, but don't last as long as a platinum. You should changed copper plugs every 12K or 12 months, so in your case every 12 months :rolling:

mrmustangman357

Established Member
so you would recommend the 764 over the Autolite AP104? I also noticed some plugs have more threads on the plug than the other (like the ap104 vs the 764), should I look for the one with more threads?

Users who are viewing this thread