Recomendation for alignment

03dakrt

Established Member
Hi, need some help with recommended specs for aligning my car with a set of camber plates. I drive the car during the summer on the street for 4-5000 miles a year, autocross 3-5 events per year, and do 3-4 HDPE events with the car.

What would you reccomend for camber, caster, and toe for above on a set of Bridgestone Potenza RE-11's?

03dakrt

Established Member
You need two different alignment setups IMO.

Have same camber plates as you. Are you running two different setups for camber? Say paint a line for street and a line for track? Not sure how hard it is to change camber without other specs changing.

Mark Aubele

Established Member
Set the car up with -1.5* with zero toe or even 1/16" in for driving on the street, mark that setting, then when you get to the track, run max negative camber and your toe will be zero or 1/16" out, and camber will be -3*ish.

I personally run -3.8ish and zero toe all the time, because I am too lazy to switch with my horrible to adjust Ground Control plates.

el jefe 302

Making all kinds of gainz
Established Member
^ Mark has the right idea. I try to run close to the above specs. Then I dump the plates all the way in for the track. I have a M/M C/C gauge that I use to confirm the adjustments. I really need to add some nice toe plates to my alignment setup.

noldevin

Established Member
Set the car up with -1.5* with zero toe or even 1/16" in for driving on the street, mark that setting, then when you get to the track, run max negative camber and your toe will be zero or 1/16" out, and camber will be -3*ish.

I personally run -3.8ish and zero toe all the time, because I am too lazy to switch with my horrible to adjust Ground Control plates.

How bad is the tire wear running all that camber all the time?

scott_0

Established Member
How bad is the tire wear running all that camber all the time?
fyi 1.5 negative won't wear tires, actually the toe being off is what wears tires

Sent from my Galaxy S7 using Tapatalk

Mark Aubele

Established Member
On the track they wear perfectly, on the street they wear pretty quickly. Constantly rotate and flip them keeps up with inside edge wear for the most part. Have 7k on the street tires they are pretty much done, but we never much more than that anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread