recharging AC

1BAD93SVT

Established Member
just want to verify per the instrutions on the recharging system(do it yourself) that the low port is on te evaporator? or it somewhere else as I couldn't find anywhere else? I didn't remove the cap to test how much freeon was in there. my ac wasn't blowing cold for a while, but today I turned it on at 80 degrees and it was cold, but will test tuesday in hotter weather. thanks

FireGuy

Clear As Mud
Established Member
Sounds like the vacuum controlled blender door was stuck and then released. Mine did that a while back and I thought the freon was gone but once the door popped all was back to normal.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
there should be a port by the dryer/accumulator and the other up front by the radiator irc

sounds like something else is wrong, if its low on freon it wont be warm one day and cold the next. Too much freon in the system can make cooling worse and way too much can hurt things, check the charge in it before adding

Last edited:

1BAD93SVT

Established Member
@fireguy, you may be right. I turned it on yesterday(very humid day) and it was cold. just got to drive it once I get a tire. @DSG, think thats it, just double checking. I'll check the pressure later. thanks guys

Users who are viewing this thread