Recently built motor making noises.

holiks03cobra

Established Member
Just a little update. I changed the oil for the 4th or 5th time and it still has a metallic look to it. The motor has about 600 miles on it. I'm thinking it's time to pull the motor and have someone look at it.

digital911

Established Member
Just a little update. I changed the oil for the 4th or 5th time and it still has a metallic look to it. The motor has about 600 miles on it. I'm thinking it's time to pull the motor and have someone look at it.
I would if it were mine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

nxhappy

Established Member
I can't see shit from that oil video lol. Can you see metal flakes in it?

MG0h3

Established Member
I think I saw the lighter color right at the end. I usually dip something in there and move it back and forth or kinda stir in a small area and look for the light grey. Could dip a magnet too.

holiks03cobra

Established Member
I think I saw the lighter color right at the end. I usually dip something in there and move it back and forth or kinda stir in a small area and look for the light grey. Could dip a magnet too.
It definitely has something grey in it. My drain plug is magnetic and was covered in some grey stuff. Wish I would've took a video or pic of it.

01yellercobra

Established Member
FWIW, I just rebuilt a GM 3.8 that had a rod knock. The bearing was pretty tore up. There was a gray film all over the oil pan. It was a pain to clean up.

Users who are viewing this thread