Receiving Unemployment affects getting hired by P.D ??? Leos ?

~ever~

Established Member
So I was laid off from my work. I applied for unemployment and I been hearing by people I know that It will affect me when I apply at a Police Department. I have also heard that It will affect me when I apply for citizenship since right now I am just a resident but I am turning in my application this summer.

Thanks for any help.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Most people collect unemployment after being fired from a job. In that respect it will impact your hiring by a L.E. agency and USCIS will consider it as well when looking at your immigration status. Plus, you should check with the various agencies to see if they hire LPRs.

That being said, claiming the unemployment benefit in and of itself shouldnt negatively impact either.

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
Currently, the LE market in California is dismal at best. Many agencies are cutting back through attrition, furloughing employees, reducing rank/pay, laying off sworn officers and cutting positions entirely. Some departments are disbanding and their cities are contracting with their county's sheriff's departments.

A friend of mine tells me a memo is circulating within the management ranks of the CHP outlining significant cuts within their agency which to this point has not been hit that hard.

I believe the next casualty will be the CDC employees who have already seen some reductions.

If I were you, I would concentrate on citizenship and gainful employment outside of the LE profession until our California economy picks up.........or hell freezes over; whichever comes first.

SASAP

Established Member
*removed by moderator - OP requested LEOs, that means LEOs only. Please take the time to read the rules and follow them when posting*

Users who are viewing this thread