Recaros? The Verdict so far? Important fit question.

Forgoten214

Established Member
Ok, I've been worried with the new Recaro seats if I will fit in them or if I would be more comfortable with the stock seats. I've driven a 2010 Shelby GT500 and a 2007 I loved those seats. But are the Recaros worth it? Im not worried about the price I'm more worried about if I will fit in them. I'm 6'6 290. The Shelby of previous generations fit me well and I am hoping the 2013 will do the same. Unfortunately all the dealers near me are sold out of them at the moment so I can't sit in any of them to find out hands on. But until I can, I await your answers.

Hourigan218

Established Member
I'm 6'3" and bout 220 and got to drive a boss with recaros and found them to be a bit snug for me. I'm sure that's the way they are supposed to fit a d are great for track use but for everyday use I ordered the stock seats for me. They are way more comfortable than the recaros. Im not knocking the recaros they are great seats but for me they were just a bit too tight in the shoulders. I won't be road racing and will only do a Lil drag strip from time to time ( mainly a street car) I hope that helps you out a Lil. The real only way though is to sit in the recaros for your self, maybe you might like the feel of them.

Forgoten214

Established Member
Thanks, I was thinking the same as well. Which Boss 302s have the Recaros? Are they an option on them as well? I know a dealer that has one about 20 miles from me I can see if they're equipped on that model.

Zeroescence

Established Member
Thanks, I was thinking the same as well. Which Boss 302s have the Recaros? Are they an option on them as well? I know a dealer that has one about 20 miles from me I can see if they're equipped on that model.

On both the 302 and the Shelby they are an option. On the boss recaro option you get the helical diff. I'm 6'2" 265 and love my Shelby Recaros.

Forgoten214

Established Member
I'll guess I'll call and ask them if they're recaros on the Boss I was just there and unfortunately there is a long waiting list for GT500s.

Users who are viewing this thread