Recall

AAG

Established Member
Dealers will replace all latches in the recall states and Mexico. In other states they will replace the latches if they break.

Typical Ford......hey, we know there's a problem, but we're only going to replace it if you live in X state. But don't worry! If your door swings open while you're driving 70 mph on the highway, we'll replace it for you! Of course you'll have to pay out of pocket for any damages caused by the door swinging open.

Speedwagon

Established Member
Yeah.. I just confirmd it with my dealership... Parts arent in yet but I will be notified once there in.

daustin

Established Member
The article isn't written very well. Is it 2014-2016 Ford Transit Vans and only 2015 Mustangs and Lincoln MKC SUVs, or is it 2014-2016 Transit Vans and Mustangs and only Lincoln MKC SUVs from 2015?

The way I'm reading it is that it's only 2015 Mustangs; however, I've been wrong before....once.

bdcardinal

I Spend car money on guns
Established Member
Premium Member
The article isn't written very well. Is it 2014-2016 Ford Transit Vans and only 2015 Mustangs and Lincoln MKC SUVs, or is it 2014-2016 Transit Vans and Mustangs and only Lincoln MKC SUVs from 2015?

The way I'm reading it is that it's only 2015 Mustangs; however, I've been wrong before....once.

Ya the article wasn't written well. It is 15+ Mustangs. They have it listed as an Advance Notice on our end. Long long ago we would get parts and then the recall would come out. Now the recall comes out and we wait for parts while getting all the calls.

CSCOBRA03

Established Member
Not a big deal. They are taking care of it, just think how many parts are in a car. Things brake it's all made by man and crap happens.

shanezt

corn fed
Established Member
LOL, so FCA (chrysler) released an RRT (it falls in between a TSB and a recall) for some 15-16 models this week that makes us have a customer sign a form at time of new car delivery, it basically states that the customer acknowledges they are receiving a vehicle with an undessicated Takata passenger frontal airbag inflator! It also states that Takata has untill 2018 to issue a recall on these airbags. We have to scan a copy of the form and send to FCA corporate. Wonder how many people are going to walk out of finance refusing to purchase after they read this letter?

01turbowolf

ford tech
Established Member
Read the recall this morning. Right now it's just 15 mustangs built 3/28/14 through 4/30/15 at flat rock. Not looking like any repair will be available till first quarter 2017.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Speedwagon

Established Member
Well... Like I said I spoke to my dealership and they told me that my 16 GT should be on the list. So.. its hurry up and wait time.

01turbowolf

ford tech
Established Member
Well... Like I said I spoke to my dealership and they told me that my 16 GT should be on the list. So.. its hurry up and wait time.
Well... unless it was built in between those dates listed it's not included in the recall. And that's only in the states listed. There will be a customer satisfaction program 16r01, which will be released when parts are available, to cover the vehicles in other states that are not listed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread