Recall question

Oncebitten99'

Green & Mean
Established Member
Before anyone says anything, i cant seem to search the board, so im just gonna ask. I just bought an 02 lightning, and i was wondering if those fit into the same category as the other ford trucks that had the cruise control recall. I had a 2000 ford ranger that spontaneously busted into flames one day, and found out about the recall about 2 weeks later. it was a nightmare. Any info would be great... dont really wanna lose this one.

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
Every L (Gen I & II) out there is applicable to recall 05S28.

PM me your Vin# and I can run an Oasis report to see if the recall has already been done to the truck or not.

If your dealer does not have the Fused Jumper Harness that is needed for the recall just unplug the Cruise Control Deactivation Switch at the very front of the brake master cyclinder.

Last edited:

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
Thats why the later years came out so late and the recall has been updated 11 times. If they recalled all of them at once then they would never be able to meet the demand for the repair.

There are dealers around the nation that have the harness in stock. My last shop had 400 of them when I left two weeks ago.

Users who are viewing this thread