Rebuilding the motor e-85 need compression suggestions

slowr w/o blowr

Established Member
I'm pulling the motor out this weekend, and i still haven't decided what compression ratio to use. Plan is for stock stroke .020 over rebuild.

Main fuel will be E-85. I will in a pinch be using 94. I will have 2 tunes in the car for this occasion.

I would love to go 11/1 or more, but i need to be able to drive this car with regular (94 octane) gas in it if i get in a predicament and can't find E-85

If the blower is pullied for 22+ psi, can enough timing be pulled out of a tune to get 93 to run without detonating? I could, if i had to, buy a case of torco to add to the fuel. I expect to be running alcohol 90% or more of the time.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
I assume you are staying with the KB? 9.5.1 would be the highest I would go with the PD blower if you will be at times running 94 octane. I know some centri guys run 10.5.1 or even 11.1 when they are using E-85 as the main fuel.

If E-85 is going to be the fuel for the large majority of the time then 9.5.1 IMO. Other wise I would lean towards 9.1 if you think that you could often be in the situation of having to fill up with pump while running 22+ #. Keeping a bottle or two of Torco with you is a good idea.

Users who are viewing this thread