Rebuilding stages and upgrading

jangocast

Established Member
Hey guys I am trying to get my 01 L back on the road after losing cylinder #2, meltdown causied by a valve dropping into the piston. Got the new motor installed and am looking for opnions on possible upgrades while I have it apart.

I already have the new Navi water pump installed and am about to pull the trigger on the Killer Chiller. I was looking into getting a LFP radiator but after reading about SWThomas's story with it I have decided to stick with the stocker. Also I have heard the stock HE should be used if I am going with the KC. I am going to be going with the Fle-a-lite E fan kit.

Lower intake mani is currently getting ported and powdercoated(thx wydopnthrtl)

OK so on my last set up I was running a 2.3 KB at 20 psi with a 100 shot. I am going to go ahead and get the 3.4 Whipple (I want to have to hit 25-27 psi) and hold off on the spray until I am ready. Keep in mind this is not my DD and will only be out on nice days and track days but I want it to be reliable when I want to take it out and cruise.

Any other opionions on what I should get for piece of mind? I have 60# injectors and Walbro 255s. Should I got ahead and overhaul the fuel system with some 75#s, fuel rails, FPR, and lines? I want to hit 750RWHP on boost if poss and then look into the 800s when I start spraying. I will probably already piss my pants with all boost lol.

I aprreciate any and all insight you guys can give me. ;-) Thanks

JP

jangocast

Established Member
Well I'm just one of those people that likes the power that comes with the mods..then needs more..more...and some more. I haven't been boosted in about a year and a half now and I'm craving it.

Everytime I get it my buddy, Kyle's, L I get jealous lol. I am seriously considering throwing a used $600 JRSC on my DD CRX just to get the rush back.

Users who are viewing this thread