Rebuild time, need opinions

disturbdgt

Established Member
Well found out its time for a rebuild. The thing is I can't decide on what to do. I'll be doing the rebuild on my 4v swap. I do know that I'll be ditching the b heads and going with a set of c heads. But the thing is in not for sure if I should stick with the cast crank and use forged rods and pistons, get a forged cobra crank, rods and pistons, or go with either a forged stroker kit ( either the 4.75 or 5.0 kit from MMR, but not sue on which one to go with). I priced out the total for the forged cobra crank, rods and piston set up and it comes to around he same price as the stroker kit after having to buy the rings, bearings and rod bolts. But of I stick with the cast crank and go forged rods and pistons it'll be the cheapest option by only a couple hundred bucks. I plan on staying n/a for at least another year after the rebuild and then go forced induction (supercharger), so I'll probably either go 9.1:1 or 9.5:1 compression ratio. Much input will be greatly appreciated on this matter.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

disturbdgt

Established Member
Ok so I've started collecting some parts for my rebuild. Rebuild will consist of:
MMR 5.0 stroker kit
Melling oil pump
ARP head studs
ARP main studs
C-Heads
C head lower intake manifold
B head upper intake manifold with C head adapter plate
98 cobra intake cams

Only thing I'm not sure on is whether I should stick with the 24# injectors or go with a different size, but not sure which size to go with. And also can I use any cobra maf or should I get a lightning maf or something else.

Users who are viewing this thread