Reasonable Striping Cost

zw470

Established Member
Like any normal human I would like to add some stripes to my Mustang. So far I've gotten two estimates back, one for $400 and one for $500.

$400 Pros
I've seen their work and it's good
Cheaper

$400 Cons
It's 2hrs away

$500 Pros
It's literally 4 minutes away from where I'm working right now

$500 Cons
Never seen any of their work
More expensive

I'm not looking for anything crazy, just a pair of white stripes as found on the 13-14 Shelbys.

Vert

Established Member
Have you thought about doing on your own? I just did super snake stripes for $90 and that's using 3m vinyl. I bought an 8ft roll and cut the 18" wide stripes out of it along with the 1" pin stripes. It was time consuming, but I saved 400 bucks.

zw470

Established Member
Have you thought about doing on your own? I just did super snake stripes for $90 and that's using 3m vinyl. I bought an 8ft roll and cut the 18" wide stripes out of it along with the 1" pin stripes. It was time consuming, but I saved 400 bucks.

I just don't have the time. I did the stripes on my Charger myself but I'm just too busy at work to get anything done.

20130601_165633-1_zpsd9616600.gif

Vert

Established Member
I would ask the shop that's close to you what brand of vinyl they use and if its a good quality brand that should give you the first clue it's a decent shop.

Skrapmetal

Established Member
$100 less and you know they do good work? Seems like a no-brainer to take a road trip. You DO like driving your car, don't you?

zw470

Established Member
$100 less and you know they do good work? Seems like a no-brainer to take a road trip. You DO like driving your car, don't you?

The issue there is I work 8-630, mon-sat. So I'd have to drive it up on a Sunday, and find a ride back. Then I'd be without a car for a week, and would have to find another ride back to pick it up.

Douglas White

Established Member
Knifeless Finish Line Vinyl Wrap Cutting Tape 50 Meter Roll (164 Ft) for Stripes and More

That cuts down on time spent.

Kman11

Established Member
Local company to me that vinyls all my work trucks quoted me 800 to do stripes on my mustang, they supply the vinyl.

400 and 500 sounds very reasonable, of course different area's of the country command different wages.

In your situation, the 500 shop is a no brainer. Time is money, why waste all that time over $100? I'm sure they can supply you with a couple references.

Users who are viewing this thread