Reasonable or BS?

tdo

Established Member
A portion of someone's description of their 2000 Trans Am WS6. Is this reasonable for HP or BS based on the description?

Those got replaced about the same time I bought a new cam and then I was near the 400 club without a tune. A tune and some injectors and I was at 400+. Now she's making nearly 450 with an intake, larger TB, head work, and a thinner headgasket. Oh and she's also on the squeeze.

Specs:
» Engine/Drivetrain
•Lunati "high rev" Cam (Adv. Duration: 282°/287° Gross Lift .526''/.534'')
•SLP air lid
•Flowtech Warlock mufflers
•Custom mandrel bend tubing
•Basani H-pipe

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Well, it would be reasonable until he said he was on the bottle and has a Bassani H pipe. :read:

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
LOL @ H-Pipe...either this guy is a tool, or his exhaust is hanging out 3" below his car....lol.

tdo

Established Member
Booyah said:
Well, it would be reasonable until he said he was on the bottle and has a Bassani H pipe. :read:

Could you give me a quick education why these are mutually exclusive?

I know virtually zip about Nitrous.

ElGato

There is no cure
Established Member
I question the following:

", head work, and a thinner headgasket. Oh and she's also on the squeeze.

Specs:
» Engine/Drivetrain
•Lunati "high rev" Cam (Adv. Duration: 282°/287° Gross Lift .526''/.534'')"

Thinner head gasket means higher compression ratio, a severe no-no running any kind of FI or nitrous. (very easy to mess up, run too much and suffer the wrath of f'd up piston rings) AND his cam choice looks like its not designed for nitrous...another no-no for the same reasons...

look for his motor to be in bits and pieces on the side of the road somewhere....

Wease

I Love Beavers
Established Member
I had an x-pipe with custom true duals on my LS1 powered 2000 Formula. They didn't hang too low, but I've never heard/seen one with an h-pipe before. I made 383/383 with a somewhat mild cam and stock heads... :)

Users who are viewing this thread