Rear window molding is loose, how to replace?

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
For some unseen reason, the lower back window rubber molding on my 04 is loose and the glue is dried, so it won't stick anymore. I think the summer heat in Dallas torched it and it got loose and got gritty, and now it sags in the middle and doesnt stick. I'd like to fix this mainly so water doesnt seap down there and rust under the window. I have not been washing the car much (2 times this year I can remember), so I doubt I have a problem yet, but Id just like to get it fixed.

Anyone know what to do besides take it to the dealer?:shrug:

cdnstang

604 modulars
Established Member
For some unseen reason, the lower back window rubber molding on my 04 is loose and the glue is dried, so it won't stick anymore. I think the summer heat in Dallas torched it and it got loose and got gritty, and now it sags in the middle and doesnt stick. I'd like to fix this mainly so water doesnt seap down there and rust under the window. I have not been washing the car much (2 times this year I can remember), so I doubt I have a problem yet, but Id just like to get it fixed.

Anyone know what to do besides take it to the dealer?:shrug:

Dont worry about rusting/leaking water. The moulding is purley cosmetic. I took some windshield urethane and dabed it on the inside on the moulding and let it set for 24hrs. Just use some masking tape to keep it in place. :beer:

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
Yeah, mine is loose too

Water that leaks underneath it just goes into the trunk channel

JASPERSVT

BOOST, my anti drug.
Established Member
I found out mine was that way at 120mph, know u talking about being scared it sounded like a heicopter landing on my car.

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
It actually sits under the window from what I'm told. I don't know personally, but I was going to get it fixed until the guy told me he had to remove the window to do it. Don't know if this is true, but it's what I was told.

ScubaTermi

Established Member
I used a black adhesive kinda like caulk work great, it is for window replacement, those moldings tend to fall off.

Users who are viewing this thread