Rear Window interior cleaning

spectreman

Established Member
I hate cleaning the rear interior window of the car. I'm too big for the back seat and it's nearly impossible to reach all the nooks and crannies deep down on the deck. And you know how that window likes to take on that film of whatever it is? The stuff that just doesn't want to come off?

It only takes one smudge on that window to drive me nutty, as had happened recently. Not sure how the smudges got there but no matter what I did, I only made matters worse w/whatever I tried & believe me, I tried repeatedly over the last 10 days to clean that window.

A few years back a pro detailer told me his secret formula for cleaning the windows was a drop of baby shampoo in a quart spritzer bottle. I tried that but was often disappointed w/the results. I've since tried a variety of cleaners like Windex, Rainex, alcohol & other products, using cloths, both micro-fiber and cotton towels, as well as paper towels. I'm not sure why, but micro-fiber towels don't work for me on the windows. Overall, the results have been unsatisfactory.

Well, I climbed back in there again yday, this time armed w/quart spritzer bottle loaded w/water and a drop of dish cleaning soap, Palmolive to be exact, and paper towels for the initial wipe-down, followed by a cotton towel.

So first a light misting of the new formula, followed by the paper towel wipe, then the cotton towel to remove any of the paper residue and blammo, finally clean. No streaking, no smudging, no residue of any sort. I think I finally found a cheap solution.
Lee

bigmoose

Established Member
I have a bottle of "windshield film remover" that works wonders. Can't remember who makes it.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread